Affiliation: University of Washington
- Hospital costa del sol, marbella, SpainShireesha Dhanireddy
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 17:1140-3. 2011..Subsequent reports did not confirm this association, but the number of HIV-infected patients in these studies was small (6,7). We describe the clinical course of pandemic (H1N1) 2009 in HIV-infected persons in a US hospital...
- Mechanical ventilation induces inflammation, lung injury, and extra-pulmonary organ dysfunction in experimental pneumoniaShireesha Dhanireddy
Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98103, USA
Lab Invest 86:790-9. 2006....
- Mechanical ventilation interacts with endotoxemia to induce extrapulmonary organ dysfunctionD Shane O'Mahony
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Crit Care 10:R136. 2006....
- Blockade of the Fas/FasL system improves pneumococcal clearance from the lungs without preventing dissemination of bacteria to the spleenGustavo Matute-Bello
Medical Research Service of the Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington 98108 1597, USA
J Infect Dis 191:596-606. 2005..FasL is inhibited by decoy receptor-3 (DcR3), a naturally occurring decoy receptor. We determined the effects of systemic blockade of the Fas/FasL system by a DcR3 analog (DcR3-a) in mice with pneumococcal pneumonia...
- Paradoxical immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in HIV-infected patients treated with combination antiretroviral therapy after AIDS-defining opportunistic infectionChad J Achenbach
Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and Center for Global Health, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Clin Infect Dis 54:424-33. 2012..The incidence of immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome (IRIS) when antiretroviral therapy (ART) is initiated after an AIDS-defining opportunistic infection (OI) is uncertain and understudied for the most common OIs...
- Immune response to hepatitis B virus vaccination among HIV-1 infected and uninfected adults in KenyaElizabeth Irungu
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Infect Dis 207:402-10. 2013....
- Optimal timing of routine vaccination in HIV-infected personsHeidi M Crane
Center for AIDS and STD Research, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Box 359931, 325 9th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 6:93-9. 2009..However, risks of delaying vaccination include that the patient may be exposed to the pathogen or lost to follow-up before vaccination. We review recent studies on the timing of routine vaccination of HIV-infected individuals...
- Non-occupational post-exposure prophylaxis for HIV: 10-year retrospective analysis in Seattle, WashingtonSarah J McDougal
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e105030. 2014..In order to use limited resources most efficiently, public health agencies should target messaging for this high-cost intervention to individuals with high-risk HIV exposures. ..