Ithaar H Derweesh
Affiliation: University of California
- Laparo-endoscopic single-site (LESS) radical nephrectomy with renal vein thrombectomy: initial reportRyan P Kopp
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, California 92103, USA
BMC Urol 10:8. 2010..One did not require postoperative opiates. CONCLUSIONS: LESS-RN-RVT is safe and feasible in selected patients with renal vein thrombi. Further accumulation of data and comparison to multiport laparoscopic technique are requisite...
- Comparison of rates and risk factors for development of osteoporosis and fractures after radical or partial nephrectomyAditya Bagrodia
Moores Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, Medical Center, La Jolla, CA 92093 0987, USA
Urology 78:614-9. 2011....
- Laparo-endoscopic single-site surgery for radical and cytoreductive nephrectomy, renal vein thrombectomy, and partial nephrectomy: a prospective pilot evaluationIthaar H Derweesh
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Diagn Ther Endosc 2010:107482. 2010..Conclusions. LESS-RN, renal vein thrombectomy, and PN are technically feasible and safe while maintaining adherence to oncologic principles, with excellent QoL preservation and low discharge pain scores. Further study is requisite...
- Partial orchiectomy and testis intratubular germ cell neoplasia: World literature reviewWassim M Bazzi
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, San Diego, CA, USA
Urol Ann 3:115-8. 2011..Partial orchiectomy is a technically challenging procedure that requires close follow-up, but may represent a reasonable management option in selected patients...
- Training for laparoendoscopic single-site surgery and natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgerySean P Stroup
Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego, USA
BJU Int 106:934-40. 2010..Here, we describe our institutional experience and the essential elements of a LESS and NOTES training curriculum and offer some insight into establishing a successful programme...
- Transrectal hybrid natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery (NOTES) nephrectomy in a porcine modelWassim M Bazzi
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla 92093, CA
Urology 77:518-23. 2011..NOTES uses ports of entry to the peritoneal cavity instead of abdominal wall incisions, thereby eliminating visible scar and also potentially reducing postoperative pain...
- Feasibility and efficacy of neoadjuvant sunitinib before nephron-sparing surgeryJonathan L Silberstein
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego, School of Medicine San Diego, CA, USA
BJU Int 106:1270-6. 2010....
- Multicenter experience with nonischemic multiport laparoscopic and laparoendoscopic single-site partial nephrectomy utilizing bipolar radiofrequency ablation coagulatorWassim M Bazzi
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Diagn Ther Endosc 2011:636537. 2011..Conclusion. Initial experience demonstrates that nonischemic multiport and LESS-PN is safe and efficacious, with excellent short-term preservation of renal function. Long-term data are needed to confirm oncological efficacy...