Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Development and validation of a new screening tool for hypoactive sexual desire disorder: The Brief Profile of Female Sexual Function (B-PFSF)John Rust
The Psychometrics Centre, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Gynecol Endocrinol 23:638-44. 2007..To develop a screening tool to allow a postmenopausal woman to determine whether to seek evaluation for hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD)...
- Validation of the profile of female sexual function (PFSF) in surgically and naturally menopausal womenLeonard Derogatis
University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1579, USA
J Sex Marital Ther 30:25-36. 2004..74 to 0.95. Results of this research support the conclusion that the PFSF is a valid and reliable instrument for measurement of loss of sexual function in both naturally and surgically menopausal women with low libido...
- A response to Rowland's, "Will medical solutions to sexual problems make sexological care and science obsolete?"Leonard Derogatis
Center for Sexual Medicine at Sheppard Pratt, Baltimore, Maryland 21285 6815, USA
J Sex Marital Ther 33:421-5. 2007
- Validation of the female sexual distress scale-revised for assessing distress in women with hypoactive sexual desire disorderLeonard Derogatis
Johns Hopkins Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Center for Sexual Medicine at Sheppard Pratt, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Sex Med 5:357-64. 2008..In addition, we have attempted to extend the validation generalizability of the scale by demonstrating that both instruments possess reliability and discriminative validity in premenopausal women with HSDD...
- Revised definitions of women's sexual dysfunctionRosemary Basson
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Sex Med 1:40-8. 2004..Existing definitions of women's sexual disorders are based mainly on genitally focused events in a linear sequence model (desire, arousal and orgasm)...
- Clinical evaluation and management strategy for sexual dysfunction in men and womenDimitrios Hatzichristou
Department of Urology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessalonki, Greece
J Sex Med 1:49-57. 2004..The optimal approach for identification and evaluation of the sexual problems in men and women in primary care or general medicine practice has not been consensed...
- Outcome measurement in female sexual dysfunction clinical trials: review and recommendationsStanley E Althof
Department of Urology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, USA
J Sex Marital Ther 31:153-66. 2005..g., sexual desire). Successful and satisfactory encounters represent an amalgam of subjective assessments that are too far removed from the essential FSD component...
- Evaluation of the clinical relevance of benefits associated with transdermal testosterone treatment in postmenopausal women with hypoactive sexual desire disorderSheryl Kingsberg
University Hospitals of Cleveland, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Sex Med 4:1001-8. 2007..The clinical relevance study was designed to answer this question...
- Profile of Female Sexual Function: a patient-based, international, psychometric instrument for the assessment of hypoactive sexual desire in oophorectomized womenColleen A McHorney
Indiana University School of Medicine and Regenstrief Institute Inc, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Menopause 11:474-83. 2004..Robust psychometric properties have been established in a large number of geographic regions and languages, making it useful for assessing therapeutic change in multinational clinical trials...
- Testosterone patch for the treatment of hypoactive sexual desire disorder in naturally menopausal women: results from the INTIMATE NM1 StudyJan L Shifren
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Menopause 13:770-9. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of a testosterone patch for the treatment of women with hypoactive sexual desire disorder after natural menopause...