Affiliation: University of Washington
- Using free patches to improve reach of the Oregon Quit LineMona Deprey
Free and Clear, Inc, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 15:401-8. 2009..3% of the smoking population within a 3-month period. Offering a short course of free NRT is an effective way to promote the use of quitlines...
- Adherence to varenicline in the COMPASS smoking cessation intervention trialSheryl L Catz
Group Health Research Institute, 1730 Minor Ave, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 13:361-8. 2011..It is important to understand the extent to which prescribed medications are actually taken by smokers, how this influences smoking cessation outcomes, and what factors may influence adherence...
- Smoking outcome by psychiatric history after behavioral and varenicline treatmentJennifer B McClure
Group Health Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 38:394-402. 2010..Groups had similar 30-day abstinence rates at 6 months (31.5% PH+ vs. 35.4% PH-, p = .35). In sum, having a psychiatric diagnosis in this trial did not predict worse treatment outcome or worse treatment side effects...
- Utilization of services in a randomized trial testing phone- and web-based interventions for smoking cessationSusan M Zbikowski
Free and Clear, Inc, Clinical and Behavioral Sciences, Seattle, WA, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 13:319-27. 2011..Understanding how utilization varies by mode, the impact of utilization on outcomes, and predictors of utilization across each mode could lead to improved treatments...
- State quitlines and cessation patterns among adults with selected chronic diseases in 15 states, 2005-2008Terry Bush
Alere Wellbeing, Inc, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E163. 2012..State tobacco cessation quitlines are available for free in every state. The objective of our study was to compare demographic characteristics, use of quitline services, and quit rates among a sample of quitline callers...
- The impact of a free nicotine patch starter kit on quit rates in a state quit lineTerry M Bush
Free and Clear, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 10:1511-6. 2008....
- The 2009 US federal cigarette tax increase and quitline utilization in 16 statesTerry Bush
Alere Wellbeing formerly Free and Clear, Inc, Seattle, WA 98104 1139, USA
J Environ Public Health 2012:314740. 2012..On April 1, 2009, the federal cigarette excise tax increased from 39 cents to $1.01 per pack...
- Addressing weight gain in smoking cessation treatment: a randomized controlled trialTerry Bush
Alere Wellbeing, Seattle, Washington, USA
Am J Health Promot 27:94-102. 2012..To evaluate the effectiveness of a cognitive behavioral treatment (CBT) addressing cessation-related weight concerns delivered via a tobacco quitline that does not address weight concerns...
- Mood, side-effects and smoking outcomes among persons with and without probable lifetime depression taking vareniclineJennifer B McClure
Group Health Center for Health Studies, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:563-9. 2009..Varenicline may be associated with greater mood disturbance and side-effects among smokers with psychiatric history, but empirical evidence is limited. Differential treatment effectiveness by psychiatric history may also exist...