Xin Sheng Deng
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Determination of volatile anesthetics isoflurane and enflurane in mouse brain tissues using gas chromatography-mass spectrometryXin Sheng Deng
Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Mail Stop C 236, 4200 E 9th Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 49:131-6. 2004..A method for determination of the volatile anesthetics, isoflurane, and enflurane in mouse brain tissues using headspace gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) is described...
- Formation of ethyl nitrite in vivo after ethanol administrationXin Sheng Deng
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center at Fitzsimons, School of Medicine, Alcohol Research Center and Department of Pharmacology, Mail Stop 8303, PO Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045 0511, USA
Alcohol 34:217-23. 2004..Ethyl nitrite is a new metabolite of ethanol in vivo. The mechanism of ethyl nitrite formation is most likely the reaction of ethanol with peroxynitrite generated in vivo from nitric oxide...
- Ethanol metabolism and effects: nitric oxide and its interactionXin Sheng Deng
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center at Fitzsimons, Department of Pharmacology, Alcohol Research Center, Aurora, CO 80045 6508, USA
Curr Clin Pharmacol 2:145-53. 2007..The mechanisms underlying these effects are only partially understood. Hence, the current discussion of the interaction of EtOH and NO is presented...
- Putative role of brain acetaldehyde in ethanol addictionXin Sheng Deng
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center at Fitzsimons, Department of Pharmacology, Alcohol Research Center, Mail Stop 8303, P O Box 6511, Aurora, CO 80045 0511, USA
Curr Drug Abuse Rev 1:3-8. 2008..On the basis of the findings, it can be concluded that AcH may mediate some of the CNS actions of EtOH including tolerance and dependence, although further exploration the involvement of AcH in EtOH addiction is warranted...
- Behavioral characterization of alcohol-tolerant and alcohol-nontolerant rat lines and an f(2) generationRichard A Radcliffe
University of Colorado Alcohol Research Center, and Departments of Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Behav Genet 34:453-63. 2004..The smaller (or absence of) significant correlations between others of the phenotypes indicate(s) that they are most likely controlled by different sets of genes...
- Quantitative trait loci mapping for ethanol sensitivity and neurotensin receptor density in an F2 intercross derived from inbred high and low alcohol sensitivity selectively bred rat linesRichard A Radcliffe
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Campus Box C238, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 28:1796-804. 2004....
- Short-term selection for acute ethanol tolerance and sensitization from an F2 population derived from the high and low alcohol-sensitive selectively bred rat linesRichard A Radcliffe
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Campus Box C238, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Alcohol 41:557-66. 2007..This study provides independent confirmation of the location of QTL on chromosomes 1, 5, 12, and 13 for ethanol sensitivity. It also suggests that genetic differences in duration of LORR are mediated primarily by the dBEC phenotype...