Scott J Denardo
Affiliation: University of Florida
- Coronary revascularization strategy and outcomes according to blood pressure (from the International Verapamil SR-Trandolapril Study [INVEST])Scott J Denardo
University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL, USA
Am J Cardiol 106:498-503. 2010..The management of BP might, therefore, require modification of targets according to the revascularization strategy to improve outcomes...
- Effectiveness and safety of reduced-dose enoxaparin in non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome followed by antiplatelet therapy alone for percutaneous coronary interventionScott J Denardo
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Am J Cardiol 100:1376-82. 2007....
- Blood pressure and outcomes in very old hypertensive coronary artery disease patients: an INVEST substudyScott J Denardo
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Am J Med 123:719-26. 2010..Our understanding of the growing population of very old patients (aged >or=80 years) with coronary artery disease and hypertension is limited, particularly the relationship between blood pressure and adverse outcomes...
- Characteristics and outcomes of revascularized patients with hypertension: an international verapamil SR-trandolapril substudyScott J Denardo
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1600 SW Archer Rd, PO Box 100277, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Hypertension 53:624-30. 2009..Because, as a group, revascularized patients with hypertension had worse outcomes compared with nonrevascularized patients, management of blood pressure to a specific target in future studies could result in improved outcomes...
- Pulse wave analysis of the aortic pressure waveform in severe left ventricular systolic dysfunctionScott J Denardo
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Circ Heart Fail 3:149-56. 2010..The effect of moderate left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVSD) on ventricular/vascular coupling and the aortic pressure waveform (AoPW) has been well described, but the effect of severe LVSD has not...
- Outcomes Among hypertensive patients with concomitant peripheral and coronary artery disease: findings from the INternational VErapamil-SR/Trandolapril STudyAnthony A Bavry
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Florida, 1600 SW Archer Rd, PO Box 100277, Gainesville, FL 32610 0277, USA
Hypertension 55:48-53. 2010..PAD patients displayed a J-shape relationship with systolic blood pressure and the primary outcome, although individuals without PAD did not. PAD patients may require a different target blood pressure than those without PAD...
- Tight blood pressure control and cardiovascular outcomes among hypertensive patients with diabetes and coronary artery diseaseRhonda M Cooper-Dehoff
Department of Pharmacotherapy and Translational Research and Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, 1600 SW Archer Rd, PO Box 100486, Gainesville, FL 32610 0486, USA
JAMA 304:61-8. 2010..Hypertension guidelines advocate treating systolic blood pressure (BP) to less than 130 mm Hg for patients with diabetes mellitus; however, data are lacking for the growing population who also have coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Effects of Verapamil SR and Atenolol on 24-Hour Blood Pressure and Heart Rate in Hypertension Patients with Coronary Artery Disease: An International Verapamil SR-Trandolapril Ambulatory Monitoring SubstudyScott J Denardo
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0122726. 2015..Clinicaltrials.gov; NCT00133692...
- Increased wave reflection and ejection duration in women with chest pain and nonobstructive coronary artery disease: ancillary study from the Women's Ischemia Syndrome EvaluationWilmer W Nichols
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32601, USA
J Hypertens 31:1447-54; discussion 1454-5. 2013..Accordingly, we examined pulse wave reflection characteristics and diastolic timing in a subgroup of women with chest pain (Women's Ischemia Syndrome Evaluation, WISE) and no obstructive coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- An intravascular ultrasound analysis in women experiencing chest pain in the absence of obstructive coronary artery disease: a substudy from the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute-Sponsored Women's Ischemia Syndrome Evaluation (WISE)Matheen A Khuddus
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, USA
J Interv Cardiol 23:511-9. 2010..Information about the presence and characteristics of coronary atherosclerosis in these women could provide insight into the mechanisms related to increased risk, as well as improved diagnosis, prevention, and treatment...
- Detailed analysis of polymer response to delivery balloon expansion of drug-eluting stents versus bare metal stentsScott J Denardo
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
EuroIntervention 9:389-97. 2013..We sought to describe the response of the polymer surface of drug-eluting stents (DES) to delivery balloon expansion, including quantitation of any resulting detached microparticles...
- Effects of arterial stiffness, pulse wave velocity, and wave reflections on the central aortic pressure waveformWilmer W Nichols
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 10:295-303. 2008..The decrease in systolic BP brought about by this mechanism is grossly underestimated when systolic BP is measured in the brachial artery...
- Elective percutaneous coronary intervention using broad-spectrum antiplatelet therapy (eptifibatide, clopidogrel, and aspirin) alone, without scheduled unfractionated heparin or other antithrombin therapyScott J Denardo
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, FirstHealth of Carolinas Moore Regional Hospital, Pinehurst, NC 28374, USA
Am Heart J 149:138-44. 2005....
- Efficacy and safety of minimal dose (< or =1,000 units) unfractionated heparin with abciximab in percutaneous coronary interventionScott J Denardo
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, FirstHealth of Carolinas Moore Regional Hospital, Pinehurst, North Carolina 28374, USA
Am J Cardiol 91:1-5. 2003....
- Blood pressure targets after high-risk myocardial infarction: is it time to update the guidelines?Scott J Denardo
Hypertension 51:26-7. 2008