Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- The role of obesity in cancer survival and recurrenceWendy Demark-Wahnefried
Department of Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:1244-59. 2012....
- The effects of depression and use of antidepressive medicines during pregnancy on the methylation status of the IGF2 imprinted control regions in the offspringA Soubry
Duke Cancer Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Clin Epigenetics 3:2. 2011..05%, p = 0.01). In conclusion, our findings suggest a race-dependent response related to maternal use of antidepressants at one of the IGF2 DMRs in the offspring...
- Reach out to enhance wellness home-based diet-exercise intervention promotes reproducible and sustainable long-term improvements in health behaviors, body weight, and physical functioning in older, overweight/obese cancer survivorsWendy Demark-Wahnefried
University of Alabama at Birmingham UAB, Birmingham, AL, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:2354-61. 2012..Diet and exercise interventions have been tested in cancer survivors as a means to reduce late effects and comorbidity, but few have assessed adherence and health outcomes long term...
- Weight management and its role in breast cancer rehabilitationWendy Demark-Wahnefried
Department of Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Cancer 118:2277-87. 2012....
- Scientific bias arising from sampling, selective recruitment, and attrition: the case for improved reportingWendy Demark-Wahnefried
1Department of Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1675 University Blvd 346, Birmingham, AL 35294 3360, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:415-8. 2011....
- Cognitive influences as mediators of family and peer support for pediatric cancer survivors' physical activityMargaux B Gilliam
Department of Psychology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Psychooncology 22:1361-8. 2013..The objective of this study was to determine the extent to which self-efficacy mediates the relations between social support and childhood cancer survivors' physical activity (PA)...
- Updated evidence in support of diet and exercise interventions in cancer survivorsDorothy W Pekmezi
University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Acta Oncol 50:167-78. 2011....
- Social, demographic, and medical influences on physical activity in child and adolescent cancer survivorsMargaux B Gilliam
Department of Psychology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 37:198-208. 2012..This study evaluated associations between social, environmental, demographic, and medical predictors, and child and adolescent survivors' physical activity (PA)...
- Harvest for health gardening intervention feasibility study in cancer survivorsCindy K Blair
Department of Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham UAB, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Acta Oncol 52:1110-8. 2013..Evidence suggests that a healthful diet and physical activity may reduce the risk of chronic disease and improve health in this population...
- Flaxseed-derived enterolactone is inversely associated with tumor cell proliferation in men with localized prostate cancerMaria Azrad
Department of Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
J Med Food 16:357-60. 2013..We did not observe an association between enterolignans and NFκB. In conclusion, flaxseed-derived enterolignans may hinder cancer cell proliferation via VEGF-associated pathways...