H F DeLuca
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Irving A, Marling S, Plum L, DeLuca H. Suppression of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by ultraviolet light is not mediated by isomerization of urocanic acid. BMC Neurosci. 2017;18:8 pubmed publisher..Additional work is needed to investigate alternative mechanisms by which UVB suppresses disease. ..
- Wang Y, Marling S, Martino V, Prahl J, DeLuca H. The absence of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3-1?-hydroxylase potentiates the suppression of EAE in mice by ultraviolet light. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2016;163:98-102 pubmed publisher..Cytokine mRNA levels in the spinal cord correlated with clinical scores in both WT and KO mice. ..
- Szybinski M, Sektas K, Sicinski R, Plum L, Frelek J, DeLuca H. Design, synthesis and biological properties of seco-d-ring modified 1?,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 analogues. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;171:144-154 pubmed publisher..The synthesized D-seco vitamins, however, proved to be inactive on bone and intestine in vivo. ..
- Wang Y, Marling S, Plum L, DeLuca H. Salate derivatives found in sunscreens block experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:8528-8531 pubmed publisher..Thus, salates may be useful in stopping the progression of MS, and may provide new insight into mechanisms of controlling autoimmune disease. ..
- Pandey R, Zella J, Zhu J, Plum L, Clagett Dame M, Blaser W, et al. Pharmacokinetics of a New Oral Vitamin D Receptor Activator (2-Methylene-19-Nor-(20S)-1?,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3) in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease and Secondary Hyperparathyroidism on Hemodialysis. Drugs R D. 2017;17:597-605 pubmed publisher..These studies support further evaluation of DP001 in longer-term treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism. ..