Cinzia Dello Russo
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Inhibition of microglial inflammatory responses by norepinephrine: effects on nitric oxide and interleukin-1beta productionCinzia Dello Russo
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Illinois, and West Side Veteran s Affairs Research Division, Chicago, Illinois, U, S, A
J Neuroinflammation 1:9. 2004..These results suggest that dysregulation of the central cathecolaminergic system may contribute to detrimental inflammatory responses and brain damage in neurological disease or trauma...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma thiazolidinedione agonists increase glucose metabolism in astrocytesCinzia Dello Russo
Veterans Affairs Chicago Health Care System West Side Division, Chicago, Illinois, 60680, USA
J Biol Chem 278:5828-36. 2003..These results demonstrate that TZDs modify astrocyte metabolism and mitochondrial function, which could be beneficial in neurological conditions where glucose availability is reduced...
- The heat-shock protein 90 inhibitor 17-allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin suppresses glial inflammatory responses and ameliorates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisCinzia Dello Russo
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Illinois, and Jesse Brown Veteran s Affairs Research Division, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Neurochem 99:1351-62. 2006..Together, these data suggest that HSP90 inhibitors could represent a new approach for therapeutic intervention in autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis...
- Effects of noradrenaline on neuronal NOS2 expression and viabilityJose L M Madrigal
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Illinois, and VA Chicago Health Care System, 60612, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 8:885-92. 2006..Perturbations of NA could exacerbate neuronal damage by allowing for increased inflammatory responses...
- Protective effects of a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-beta/delta agonist in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisPaul E Polak
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Illinois, and Jesse Brown Veteran s Affairs Research Division, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Neuroimmunol 168:65-75. 2005..RTPCR analysis showed that GW0742 increased expression of some myelin genes. These data demonstrate that PPARdelta agonists, like other PPAR ligands, can exert protective actions in an autoimmune model of demyelinating disease...
- Norepinephrine increases I kappa B alpha expression in astrocytesVitaliy Gavrilyuk
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 277:29662-8. 2002..These results demonstrate that I kappa B alpha expression is regulated by NE at both transcriptional and post-transcriptional levels, which could contribute to the observed anti-inflammatory properties of NE in vitro and in vivo...
- Norepinephrine protects cortical neurons against microglial-induced cell deathJose L M Madrigal
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Neurosci Res 81:390-6. 2005..These results suggest that microglial release of IL-1beta is an important activator of neuronal inflammatory responses, and that protective effects of NE upon neurons involve a reduction of microglial-derived IL-1beta...
- Noradrenergic regulation of inflammatory gene expression in brainDouglas L Feinstein
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
Neurochem Int 41:357-65. 2002....
- Intrinsic regulation of brain inflammatory responsesElena Galea
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cell Mol Neurobiol 23:625-35. 2003....
- Suppressive effects of ansamycins on inducible nitric oxide synthase expression and the development of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisPatricia Murphy
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Illinois, 1819 West Polk Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Neurosci Res 67:461-70. 2002..These results indicate that ansamycins can exert potent anti-inflammatory effects on brain glial cells which may provide therapeutic benefit in neuroinflammatory diseases...
- Lovastatin and mevastatin reduce basal and cytokine-stimulated production of prostaglandins from rat microglial cells in vitro: evidence for a mechanism unrelated to the inhibition of hydroxy-methyl-glutaryl CoA reductaseGiuseppe Tringali
Institute of Pharmacology, Catholic University Medical School, Largo Francesco Vito 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
Neurosci Lett 354:107-10. 2004....
- Primary cultures of microglial cells for testing toxicity of anticancer drugsMauro Vairano
Institute of Pharmacology, Catholic University Medical School, Largo Francesco Vito 1, Rome 00168, Italy
Toxicol Lett 148:91-4. 2004..TMZ has no effect at concentrations of clinical interest, whereas MTX significantly increases cell metabolism at 30 microM, a phenomenon possibly reflecting MTX neurotoxicity observed in patients...