Alan M Delamater
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Psychological care of children and adolescents with diabetesAlan M Delamater
Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 8:340-8. 2007
- Design and methods for evaluating an early childhood obesity prevention program in the childcare center settingRuby Natale
Division of Education, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, USA
BMC Public Health 13:78. 2013..We describe here the methods for conducting an obesity prevention randomized trial in the child care setting...
- Web-based family intervention for overweight children: a pilot studyAlan M Delamater
Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Child Obes 9:57-63. 2013..The objective of this study was to develop and test the initial feasibility and efficacy of a web-based family program for overweight 8- to 12-year-old children...
- Measurement of diabetes stress in older children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitusAlan M Delamater
Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 14:50-6. 2013..The objective of this study was to evaluate the psychometric properties of a measure of diabetes-related stress for youth with T1DM...
- Insulin pump therapy and health-related quality of life in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetesJessica M Valenzuela
University of Miami School of Medicine, FL 33101, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 31:650-60. 2006..To compare the health-related quality of life (HRQOL) of youths on injection regimens to those prescribed insulin pump therapy and examine factors related to HRQOL in youths with type 1 diabetes...
- Neurocognitive functioning in preschool-age children with type 1 diabetes mellitusAnna Maria Patiño-Fernández
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics Division of Clinical Psychology, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 11:424-30. 2010..64,p < 0.02), and lower receptive language scores (r = -0.39,p < 0.04). Such findings indicate that young children with T1DM already demonstrate some negative neurocognitive effects in association with chronic hyperglycemia...
- Mother-father informant discrepancies regarding diabetes management: associations with diabetes-specific family conflict and glycemic controlErica D Sood
Department of Pediatrics, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE 19899, USA
Health Psychol 31:571-9. 2012..To examine the relationship of mother-father informant discrepancies regarding diabetes management to diabetes-specific family conflict and glycemic control...
- Health beliefs and regimen adherence in minority adolescents with type 1 diabetesAnna Maria Patino
University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 30:503-12. 2005....
- Quality of life and psychosocial functioning of children with cardiac arrhythmiasElizabeth R Pulgaron
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Clinical Psychology, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Cardiol Young 23:82-8. 2013..Overall, the high functioning of many of these children despite medical trauma is promising. Future studies should consider using some screening measures to decide which children may be most in need of intervention...
- Behavioral Intervention for Type 2 Diabetes in YouthAlan Delamater; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results from this research will provide the preliminary feasibility and efficacy data needed for the development and submission of a subsequent R18 application. ..
- Type 2 Diabetes Risk Reduction for Minority YouthAlan Delamater; Fiscal Year: 2006..These findings will provide the preliminary feasibility and efficacy data needed for the development and submission of a subsequent R18 application. ..
- Health Behavior Research: Minority Pediatric PopulationsAlan Delamater; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Improving Self Management in Minority Youths with Type 1 DiabetesAlan Delamater; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research will develop a new intervention to improve health outcomes for these patients. ..
- School-Based Intervention to Prevent Metabolic SyndromeAlan Delamater; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will develop and test the efficacy of a school-based multi- component intervention program to promote healthy lifestyles in young ethnic minority children in order to prevent overweight and metabolic syndrome. ..