Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- George M, Subramanian Vignesh K, Landero Figueroa J, Caruso J, Deepe G. Zinc Induces Dendritic Cell Tolerogenic Phenotype and Skews Regulatory T Cell-Th17 Balance. J Immunol. 2016;197:1864-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, Zn shapes the tolerogenic potential of DCs in vitro and in vivo and promotes Tregs during fungal infection. ..
- Fecher R, Horwath M, Friedrich D, Rupp J, Deepe G. Inverse Correlation between IL-10 and HIF-1? in Macrophages Infected with Histoplasma capsulatum. J Immunol. 2016;197:565-79 pubmed publisher..We established that transcriptional regulation of IL-10 by HIF-1? and CREB is critical for activation of M?s by IFN-? and effective handling of H. capsulatum. ..
- Deepe G, Gibbons R. Interleukins 17 and 23 influence the host response to Histoplasma capsulatum. J Infect Dis. 2009;200:142-51 pubmed publisher..Generation of functional IL-17(+) cells is dependent on IL-6 and IL-10. Our findings also establish the existence a regulatory IL-17/IL-23 axis in histoplasmosis...
- Deepe G, Gibbons R, Smulian A. Histoplasma capsulatum manifests preferential invasion of phagocytic subpopulations in murine lungs. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;84:669-78 pubmed publisher..These results reveal the complex nature of intracellular residence of this fungus. Moreover, the findings demonstrate that there is a skewing in the subpopulations of cells that are infected, especially DC...
- Deepe G, Gibbons R. TNF-alpha antagonism generates a population of antigen-specific CD4+CD25+ T cells that inhibit protective immunity in murine histoplasmosis. J Immunol. 2008;180:1088-97 pubmed..Thus, neutralization of TNF-alpha is associated with the induction of a population of regulatory T cells that alter protective immunity in an Ag-specific manner to Histoplasma capsulatum...
- Xiong Y, Lingrel J, Wuthrich M, Klein B, Vasudevan N, Jain M, et al. Transcription Factor KLF2 in Dendritic Cells Downregulates Th2 Programming via the HIF-1?/Jagged2/Notch Axis. MBio. 2016;7: pubmed publisher..Strategies to tune KLF2 may be useful for future therapeutic approaches to particular diseases of mankind. ..
- Deepe G, McGuinness M. Interleukin-1 and host control of pulmonary histoplasmosis. J Infect Dis. 2006;194:855-64 pubmed..Conversely, interferon- gamma levels were decreased. Thus, IL-1 contributes to host resistance to infection with H. capsulatum. ..
- Subramanian Vignesh K, Landero Figueroa J, Porollo A, Divanovic S, Caruso J, Deepe G. IL-4 Induces Metallothionein 3- and SLC30A4-Dependent Increase in Intracellular Zn(2+) that Promotes Pathogen Persistence in Macrophages. Cell Rep. 2016;16:3232-3246 pubmed publisher..Thus, MT3 and SLC30A4 dictate the size of the labile Zn(2+) pool and promote the survival of a prototypical intracellular pathogen in M2 macrophages. ..
- Subramanian Vignesh K, Deepe G. Metallothioneins: Emerging Modulators in Immunity and Infection. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..We discuss the mechanisms of MT induction and signaling in immune cells and explore the therapeutic potential of the MT-Zn axis in bolstering immune defenses against pathogens. ..
- Deepe G, Gibbons R. T cells require tumor necrosis factor-alpha to provide protective immunity in mice infected with Histoplasma capsulatum. J Infect Dis. 2006;193:322-30 pubmed..T cells from infected, TNF-alpha-neutralized mice failed to protect T cell-deficient mice. The absence of TNF-alpha induces a defect in T cell-mediated protection. ..
- Deepe G, Wuthrich M, Klein B. Progress in vaccination for histoplasmosis and blastomycosis: coping with cellular immunity. Med Mycol. 2005;43:381-9 pubmed..More importantly, the studies summarized herein demonstrate that understanding the host response to a protein or mutant fungus is critical to creating a vaccine that may be useful for the immunocompromised patient...
- Deepe G, Gibbons R. Protective and memory immunity to Histoplasma capsulatum in the absence of IL-10. J Immunol. 2003;171:5353-62 pubmed..Memory cell generation was transiently increased in IL-10(-/-) mice, but the protective function conferred by cells from these mice following immunization is strikingly more vigorous than that of wild-type. ..