R J DeBerardinis
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- A mitochondrial power play in lymphomaRalph J DeBerardinis
Children s Medical Center Research Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 8502, USA Electronic address
Cancer Cell 22:423-4. 2012..A study by Caro et al. in this issue of Cancer Cell demonstrates that a subset of lymphomas is defined by reliance on mitochondrial energy generation and is selectively killed when this pathway is impaired...
- Cellular metabolism and disease: what do metabolic outliers teach us?Ralph J DeBerardinis
Children s Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics and McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8502, USA
Cell 148:1132-44. 2012....
- Good neighbours in the tumour stroma reduce oxidative stressRalph J DeBerardinis
University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Children s Research Institute, Dallas, Texas 75390 8502, USA
Nat Cell Biol 14:235-6. 2012..Bone-marrow-derived stromal cells are now shown to provide cysteine, an essential nutrient that enables leukaemia cells to resist oxidative stress...
- Is cancer a disease of abnormal cellular metabolism? New angles on an old ideaRalph J DeBerardinis
Department of Pediatrics and The McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Genet Med 10:767-77. 2008..This review reappraises the notion that dysregulated cellular metabolism is a key feature of cancer, and discusses some metabolic issues that have escaped scrutiny over the years and now deserve closer attention...
- Q's next: the diverse functions of glutamine in metabolism, cell biology and cancerR J DeBerardinis
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 9063, USA
Oncogene 29:313-24. 2010..In this study we review the protean roles of glutamine in cancer, both in the direct support of tumor growth and in mediating some of the complex effects on whole-body metabolism that are characteristic of tumor progression...
- Isocitrate dehydrogenase 1/2 mutational analyses and 2-hydroxyglutarate measurements in Wilms tumorsDinesh Rakheja
Department of Pathology, Children s Medical Center and UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 56:379-83. 2011....
- Glioblastoma cells require glutamate dehydrogenase to survive impairments of glucose metabolism or Akt signalingChendong Yang
Department of Pediatrics, McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Texas 75390 9063, USA
Cancer Res 69:7986-93. 2009....
- The distinct metabolic profile of hematopoietic stem cells reflects their location in a hypoxic nicheTugba Simsek
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Cell Stem Cell 7:380-90. 2010..These findings reveal an important transcriptional network that regulates HSC metabolism...
- Metabolic regulation in growth factor-dependent cellsRALPH DEBERARDINIS; Fiscal Year: 2007....