Amy G Weisman de Mamani
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Shame and guilt/self-blame as predictors of expressed emotion in family members of patients with schizophreniaStephanie Wasserman
University of Miami, Miami, FL, USA
Psychiatry Res 196:27-31. 2012..Results of the current study elucidate the EE construct and have implications for working with families of patients with schizophrenia...
- Clinicians' fidelity to a manual-based family treatment as a predictor of the one-year course of bipolar disorderAmy Weisman
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, P O Box 248185, Coral Gables, FL 33124 2070, USA
Fam Process 41:123-31. 2002..Study implications are discussed...
- The development of a culturally informed, family-focused treatment for schizophreniaAmy Weisman
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL 33146 0751, USA
Fam Process 45:171-86. 2006..Case examples of CIT-S with participating families are provided, along with a discussion of interesting and challenging cultural issues that we have encountered during the pilot phase of this treatment study...
- Expressed emotion and interdependence in White and Latino/Hispanic family members of patients with schizophreniaAmy G Weisman de Mamani
University of Miami, Department of Psychology, P O Box 248185, Coral Gables, FL 33146 2070, USA
Psychiatry Res 151:107-13. 2007..EE and interdependence may both play a role in the better course of illness observed for patients from traditional cultures. However, these two constructs may relate to patient functioning through different mechanisms...
- Self-conscious emotions, general emotional distress, and expressed emotion in family members of patients with schizophreniaAmy G Weisman de Mamani
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL 33146, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:305-8. 2010..low). However, greater shame proneness was associated with lower ratings of emotional overinvolvement, one component of EE. Study implications are discussed...
- Acculturation and expressed emotion in Caucasian, Latino, and black relatives of patients with schizophreniaVamsi K Koneru
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida 33146, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 195:934-8. 2007..Hypotheses were partially supported as results demonstrated that greater acculturation was associated with high EE for Latinos and low EE for blacks...
- Denial and acceptance coping styles and medication adherence in schizophreniaStephanie Aldebot
Department of Psychology, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL 33124, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 197:580-4. 2009..However, contrary to expectations, acceptance coping was not related to medication adherence. These findings suggest that targeting denial coping strategies in treatment may help foster more optimal strategies for managing schizophrenia...
- A Culturally-Based Family Therapy for SchizophreniaAmy Weisman; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Pi's long term goal is to develop effective culturally informed family interventions for schizophrenia and related disorders, in Spanish and in English. ..