Roger S Day
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- A decision theory paradigm for evaluating identifier mapping and filtering methods using data integrationRoger S Day
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 14:223. 2013..Many competing solutions for IDF and IDM exist. Analysts need a rigorous method for evaluating and comparing all these choices...
- Identifier mapping performance for integrating transcriptomics and proteomics experimental resultsRoger S Day
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 12:213. 2011..Therefore data integration may also play a role in critiquing the fallible gene identifications that both platforms emit...
- Lung cancer serum biomarker discovery using label-free liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryXuemei Zeng
Mass Spectrometry Platform, Cancer Biomarkers Facility, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Thorac Oncol 6:725-34. 2011..Given the clinical burden from lung cancer and the relatively favorable survival associated with early-stage lung cancer, biomarkers for early detection of lung cancer are of important potential clinical benefit...
- Failsafe automation of Phase II clinical trial interim monitoring for stopping rulesRoger S Day
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Clin Trials 7:78-84. 2010..The intended benefits will not ensue, however, if the design is not followed. Despite the best intentions, failures can occur for many reasons...
- Sharing detailed research data is associated with increased citation rateHeather A Piwowar
Department of Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e308. 2007..Sharing research data provides benefit to the general scientific community, but the benefit is less obvious for the investigator who makes his or her data available...
- Challenges of biological realism and validation in simulation-based medical educationRoger S Day
Department of Biostatistics and Center for Biomedical Informatics, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Artif Intell Med 38:47-66. 2006..This paper describes some challenges in the construction of simulation-based "liberal arts" biomedical education...
- Evaluation of the OncoTCap (Oncology Thinking Cap) simulation in teaching medical students about clinical trials: some successes and some surprisesRoger S Day
Department of Biostatistics, University of Pittsburgh, Sterling Plaza, 201 North Craig Street, Suite 325, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Cancer Educ 19:149-55. 2004..A training workshop for cancer clinical trials was developed utilizing a computer simulation encompassing cancer biology, metabolism, adverse effects, and clinical trial design...
- Genetic variability in DNA repair and cell cycle control pathway genes and risk of smoking-related lung cancerShama C Buch
Center for Clinical Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Mol Carcinog 51:E11-20. 2012..Additionally, combining genotype information for SNPs in these pathways may assist in classifying current and ex-cigarette smokers according to lung cancer risk...
- Lung cancer serum biomarker discovery using glycoprotein capture and liquid chromatography mass spectrometryXuemei Zeng
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Proteome Res 9:6440-9. 2010..Strong positive correlations between glycopeptide mass chromatograms and ELISA-measured protein abundance was observed for all of the selected glycoproteins...
- Internet death notices as a novel source of mortality surveillance dataMarshall B Boak
University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA 21666, USA
Am J Epidemiol 167:532-9. 2008..The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Internet death notices provided accurate, timely mortality data for nearly three fourths of all Allegheny County deaths...
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of vinblastine and high-dose megestrol acetateKhalid Matin
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 50:179-85. 2002..Based on these data, we performed a phase I study of high-dose oral megestrol acetate and vinblastine to evaluate the safety of this regimen...