Affiliation: University of Washington
- Large-scale polymorphism of heterochromatic repeats in the DNA of Arabidopsis thalianaJerry Davison
University of Washington, Department of Biology, Box 355325, Seattle, WA 98195 5325, USA
BMC Plant Biol 7:44. 2007..Even for a sequenced genome such as that of the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana accession Col-0, the large arrays of heterochromatic repeats are incompletely sequenced, with gaps of uncertain size persisting in them...
- G9a/GLP-dependent histone H3K9me2 patterning during human hematopoietic stem cell lineage commitmentXiaoji Chen
Molecular and Cell Biology MCB Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Genes Dev 26:2499-511. 2012..These results suggest that G9a/GLP activity promotes progressive H3K9me2 patterning during HSPC lineage specification and that its inhibition delays HSPC lineage commitment. They also inform clinical manipulation of donor-derived HSPCs...
- MYC-driven tumorigenesis is inhibited by WRN syndrome gene deficiencyRussell Moser
Division of Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Mol Cancer Res 10:535-45. 2012..This leads to inhibition of tumor growth and prolonged tumor-free survival. Targeting WRN or its enzymatic function could prove to be an effective strategy in the treatment of MYC-associated cancers...
- Genome-wide RNAi screens in human brain tumor isolates reveal a novel viability requirement for PHF5AChristopher G Hubert
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Genes Dev 27:1032-45. 2013..Our results demonstrate a novel viability requirement for PHF5A to maintain proper exon recognition in brain tumor-initiating cells and may provide new inroads for novel anti-GBM therapeutic strategies...
- Remodeling of DNA methylation and phenotypic and transcriptional changes in synthetic Arabidopsis allotetraploidsAndreas Madlung
Department of Botany, Box 355325, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Plant Physiol 129:733-46. 2002..We show that DNA demethylation induced and repressed two different transcriptomes. Our results are consistent with the hypothesis that synthetic allotetraploids have compromised mechanisms of epigenetic gene regulation...
- Genome-wide MyoD binding in skeletal muscle cells: a potential for broad cellular reprogrammingYi Cao
Human Biology Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Dev Cell 18:662-74. 2010..Therefore, in addition to regulating muscle gene expression, MyoD binds genome wide and has the ability to broadly alter the epigenome in myoblasts and myotubes...
- Genomic differences between estrogen receptor (ER)-positive and ER-negative human breast carcinoma identified by single nucleotide polymorphism array comparative genome hybridization analysisMin Fang
Fired Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1023, USA
Cancer 117:2024-34. 2011..The authors used single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) arrays to compare overall copy number aberrations (CNAs) as well as loss of heterozygosity (LOH) of the entire human genome in ER-positive and ER-negative breast carcinomas...