R L Davis
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Measles vaccination and inflammatory bowel disease: controversy laid to rest?R L Davis
Department of Paediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98103, USA
Drug Saf 24:939-46. 2001....
- Post-marketing evaluation of the short term safety of COMVAXRobert L Davis
Group Health Cooperative, Center for Health Studies, 1730 Minor Avenue, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Vaccine 22:536-43. 2004..The total number of children hospitalized with fever was seven out of 12,468 children; all recovered fully. In this study population of 27,802 vaccine recipients, COMVAX appeared to have a favorable safety profile...
- Immunization tracking systems: experience of the CDC Vaccine Safety Datalink sitesR L Davis
Group Health Cooperative Center for Health Studies, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
HMO Pract 11:13-7. 1997..Finally, we report on recent efforts to link HMO Immunization Tracking Systems with developing regional tracking systems...
- Impact of the introduction of a combined Haemophilus B conjugate vaccine and hepatitis B recombinant vaccine on vaccine coverage rats in a large West Coast health maintenance organizationRobert L Davis
Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 22:657-8. 2003..We evaluated the effect of introduction of a combined hepatitis B-Haemophilus influenzae b vaccine on vaccine coverage rates in a large health maintenance organization and found a modest improvement in up-to-date immunization status...
- Placing the risk of seizures with pediatric vaccines in a clinical contextRobert L Davis
Departments of Pediatrics and Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Paediatr Drugs 5:717-22. 2003..We conclude by discussing the introduction of new vaccines, and note that, even with widespread use, it will take many years before we can be knowledgeable about the risk of rare events with these newly licensed products...
- Impact of the change in polio vaccination schedule on immunization coverage rates: a study in two large health maintenance organizationsR L Davis
Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative of Puget Sound, Seattle, Washington 98101 1448, USA
Pediatrics 107:671-6. 2001..We determined whether adoption of an IPV schedule had a negative impact on immunization coverage...
- Immunization levels among premature and low-birth-weight infants and risk factors for delayed up-to-date immunization status. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Vaccine Safety Datalink GroupR L Davis
Immunization Studies Program, Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative of Puget Sound, Seattle, Wash, USA
JAMA 282:547-53. 1999..Little is known about the success of current efforts to immunize these high-risk infants...
- Measles-mumps-rubella and other measles-containing vaccines do not increase the risk for inflammatory bowel disease: a case-control study from the Vaccine Safety Datalink projectR L Davis
Immunization Studies Program, Center for Health Studies Group Health Cooperative, 1730 Minor Ave, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101-1448, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 155:354-9. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Vaccination with MMR or other MCV, or the timing of vaccination early in life, did not increase the risk for IBD...
- The risk of seizures after receipt of whole-cell pertussis or measles, mumps, and rubella vaccineW E Barlow
Immunization Studies Program, Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, WA 98101-1448, USA
N Engl J Med 345:656-61. 2001....
- Early newborn hospital discharge and readmission for mild and severe jaundiceJ Grupp-Phelan
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 153:1283-8. 1999..To further explore the relationship of early newborn hospital discharge and readmission for jaundice, and to determine if early hospital discharge was associated with increased severity of jaundice among those readmitted...
- Introduction of the new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention group B streptococcal prevention guideline at a large West Coast health maintenance organizationR L Davis
Center for Health Studies, the Clinical Planning and Improvement Division, and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Group Health Cooperative of Puget Sound, Seattle, Washington, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 184:603-10. 2001..The guidelines were associated with increased maternal intrapartum antibiotic use, particularly among women at highest risk, and with a decrease in laboratory use for infants...
- Active surveillance of vaccine safety: a system to detect early signs of adverse eventsRobert L Davis
Departments of Epidemiology and Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Epidemiology 16:336-41. 2005..To evaluate the feasibility of developing such systems, we used 5 years of data from 4 health maintenance organizations within the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Vaccine Safety Datalink...
- In nonrandomized studies, can we use a person's preimmunization experience to help gauge the safety and efficacy of immunization?Noel S Weiss
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Epidemiol 156:395-6. 2002
- Use of a respiratory clinical score among different providersLenna L Liu
Child Health Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98115 8160, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 37:243-8. 2004..By standardizing respiratory assessments, use of a clinical score may facilitate care coordination by physicians, nurses, and respiratory therapists and thereby improve care of children hospitalized with asthma and bronchiolitis...
- Is household antibiotic use a risk factor for antibiotic-resistant pneumococcal infection?T S Kwan-Gett
Virginia Mason Medical Center Department of Pediatrics, Seattle, WA, USA
Epidemiol Infect 129:499-505. 2002....
- A randomized controlled trial of point-of-care evidence to improve the antibiotic prescribing practices for otitis media in childrenD A Christakis
Child Health Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatrics 107:E15. 2001..Prescribing practices for otitis media are not consistent with current evidence-based recommendations...
- Polio extraimmunization in children younger than 2 years after changes in immunization recommendationsLoren K Mell
Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatrics 111:296-301. 2003..To investigate trends over time in polio extraimmunization among children in 4 large health maintenance organizations and to study the association with recent changes in polio immunization policy...
- The rotavirus vaccine's withdrawal and physicians' trust in vaccine safety mechanismsH A McPhillips
Child Health Institute, Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, 98105, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 155:1051-6. 2001..To determine how the withdrawal from the market of the rotavirus vaccine has affected physicians' trust in vaccine safety mechanisms, future adherence to vaccine recommendations, and willingness to use a new rotavirus vaccine...
- Universal newborn hearing screening: summary of evidenceD C Thompson
Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center, 325 Ninth Ave, Box 359960, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
JAMA 286:2000-10. 2001..Universal newborn hearing screening (UNHS) has been proposed as a means to speed diagnosis and treatment and thereby improve language outcomes in these children...
- Risk of anaphylaxis after vaccination of children and adolescentsKari Bohlke
Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, Washington 98101 1448, USA
Pediatrics 112:815-20. 2003..To quantify the risk of anaphylaxis after vaccination of children and adolescents...
- Hepatitis B vaccine and risk of autoimmune thyroid disease: a Vaccine Safety Datalink studyOnchee Yu
Group Health Center for Health Studies, Seattle, WA 98101 1448, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:736-45. 2007..To test the hypothesis that hepatitis B vaccine increases the risk of ATD, we conducted a case-control study, within the Vaccine Safety Datalink project...
- Compliance with national immunization guidelines for children younger than 2 years, 1996-1999Loren K Mell
Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatrics 115:461-7. 2005..To evaluate compliance with national immunization guidelines among a large cohort of children cared for at health maintenance organizations (HMOs) and to examine effects on immunization status...
- Factors that are associated with parental acceptance of human papillomavirus vaccines: a randomized intervention study of written information about HPVAmanda F Dempsey
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Pediatrics 117:1486-93. 2006....
- Potential medication dosing errors in outpatient pediatricsHeather A McPhillips
Department of Pediatrics and Epidemiology, University of Washington, and the Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, Washington, 98105, USA
J Pediatr 147:761-7. 2005..To determine the prevalence of potential dosing errors of medication dispensed to children for 22 common medications...
- Vaccines and changes in coagulation parameters in adults on chronic warfarin therapy: a cohort studyMichael L Jackson
Group Health Center for Health Studies, Seattle, WA 98101 1448, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:790-6. 2007..We sought to determine whether vaccinations are associated with changes in International Normalized Ratio (INR) in persons on long-term warfarin therapy...
- Epidemiology of anaphylaxis among children and adolescents enrolled in a health maintenance organizationKari Bohlke
Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, WA 98101 1448, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:536-42. 2004..There is little information about the incidence of anaphylaxis from all causes...
- Hepatitis B vaccination among adolescents in 3 large health maintenance organizationsIdalia M Gonzalez
Epidemiology Program Office, National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Pediatrics 110:929-34. 2002..Little is known about the implementation of these recommendations in a managed care setting. The objective of this study was to determine the impact of ACIP recommendations on HB vaccination among adolescents in 3 managed care settings...
- Intussusception and oral poliovirus vaccination: is there an association?Su Ting T Li
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817 5177, USA
Am J Epidemiol 160:576-81. 2004..1, 95% confidence interval: 0.5, 2.2). However, to address the hypothesis that risk of intussusception is related to receipt of a particular dose of OPV, a larger study would be required...
- Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in childrenRobert L Davis
N Engl J Med 350:84-5; author reply 84-5. 2004
- Early detection of adverse drug events within population-based health networks: application of sequential testing methodsJeffrey S Brown
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Boston, MA, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:1275-84. 2007....
- Real-time vaccine safety surveillance for the early detection of adverse eventsTracy A Lieu
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Med Care 45:S89-95. 2007..Sequential testing procedures are needed to detect vaccine or drug safety problems as soon as possible after introduction...
- Childhood vaccinations and risk of asthmaFrank Destefano
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:498-504. 2002..A few previous studies have suggested that childhood vaccines, particularly whole cell pertussis vaccine, may increase the risk of asthma. We evaluated the suggested association between childhood vaccinations and risk of asthma...
- Is there a safe age for vaccinating infants with tetravalent rhesus-human reassortant rotavirus vaccine?Paul M Gargiullo
J Infect Dis 194:1793-4; author reply 1794-5. 2006
- Safety of thimerosal-containing vaccines: a two-phased study of computerized health maintenance organization databasesThomas Verstraeten
Epidemic Intelligence Service Program, Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30333, USA
Pediatrics 112:1039-48. 2003..To assess the possible toxicity of thimerosal-containing vaccines (TCVs) among infants...
- Use of prescription medications with a potential for fetal harm among pregnant womenSusan E Andrade
Meyers Primary Care Institute University of Massachusetts Medical School, the Fallon Foundation, and Fallon Community Health Plan, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:546-54. 2006..To estimate the prevalence of use of prescription drugs with a potential for fetal harm among pregnant women in the United States...
- Baseline laboratory monitoring of cardiovascular medications in elderly health maintenance organization enrolleesSteven R Simon
HMO Research Network Center for Education and Research in Therapeutics and Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:2165-9. 2005..To identify correlates of laboratory monitoring errors in elderly health maintenance organization (HMO) members at the initiation of therapy with cardiovascular medications...
- FDA drug prescribing warnings: is the black box half empty or half full?Anita K Wagner
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:369-86. 2006..The purpose of the present study was to assess the frequency of use of BBW medications in ambulatory care and prescribing compliance with BBW recommendations...
- Acute intussusception in infants and children as an adverse event following immunization: case definition and guidelines of data collection, analysis, and presentationJulie E Bines
Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Vic, Australia
Vaccine 22:569-74. 2004
- Prescription drug use in pregnancySusan E Andrade
Meyers Primary Care Institute Fallon Healthcare System and University of Massachusetts Medical School, 630 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:398-407. 2004..The purpose of this study was to provide information on the prevalence of the use of prescription drugs among pregnant women in the United States...
- Potentially inappropriate medication use by elderly persons in U.S. Health Maintenance Organizations, 2000-2001Steven R Simon
HMO Research Network, Center for Education and Research on Therapeutics, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:227-32. 2005..To determine rates of potentially inappropriate medication use in elderly persons in managed care plans in the United States in 2000-2001...
- Safety of the trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine among children: a population-based studyEric K France
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:1031-6. 2004..To our knowledge, there are no published population-based studies on the safety of the inactivated trivalent influenza vaccine among children...
- Live attenuated measles and mumps viral strain-containing vaccines and hearing loss: Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), United States, 1990--2003Armenak Asatryan
Science Applications International Corporation and Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Vaccine 26:1166-72. 2008..Thus, HL following MMCV has been reported in the literature and to the VAERS. Further studies are needed to better understand if there is a causal relationship between MMCV and HL...