Ann McGrath Davis
Affiliation: University of Kansas Medical Center
- Sensory processing issues in young children presenting to an outpatient feeding clinicAnn M Davis
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 56:156-60. 2013....
- Obesity and related health behaviors among urban and rural children in the United States: data from the National Health And Nutrition Examination Survey 2003-2004 and 2005-2006Ann McGrath Davis
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 36:669-76. 2011..To assess rates of overweight/obesity and related health behaviors among rural and urban children using data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES)...
- The use of TeleMedicine in the treatment of paediatric obesity: feasibility and acceptabilityAnn McGrath Davis
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Matern Child Nutr 7:71-9. 2011..Due to the small sample size, null findings regarding intervention outcome should be interpreted with caution. Future research should focus on methods to increase the impact of this intervention on key outcome variables...
- Empirically supported treatments for feeding difficulties in young childrenAnn McGrath Davis
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, MS 4004, Kansas City, KS, 66160, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 12:189-94. 2010....
- Moving from tube to oral feeding in medically fragile nonverbal toddlersAnn McGrath Davis
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160 7330, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 49:233-6. 2009..We prescribed 6 weeks of megestrol for hunger provocation while withdrawing tube feedings. A chart review after treatment demonstrated 9 subjects were eating exclusively orally and 1 was eating 50% orally...
- Pediatric obesity attitudes, services, and information among rural parents: a qualitative studyAnn McGrath Davis
University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:2133-40. 2008..Rural families of overweight children encounter many barriers to healthier living, some of which are unique to their rural status...
- Health behaviors and weight status among urban and rural childrenAnn M Davis
University of Kansas Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Rural Remote Health 8:810. 2008..Pediatric overweight is currently reaching epidemic proportions but little information exists on differences in weight related behaviors between urban and rural children...
- Treating rural pediatric obesity through telemedicine: baseline data from a randomized controlled trialKatherine Steiger Gallagher
Department of Psychology, University of Kansas, Lawrence, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 36:687-95. 2011..To describe baseline characteristics of participants in a pediatric obesity intervention tailored specifically to rural families delivered via telemedicine...
- Effectiveness of teaching cardiac auscultation to residents during an elective pediatric cardiology rotationLeone F Mattioli
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, 66160, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 29:1095-100. 2008..However, the false-positive rate for a diagnosis of heart disease remained quite high. To ensure that appropriate referrals will be made, teaching should specifically target the confident recognition of functional murmurs...
- Competitive foods in schools: availability and purchasing in predominately rural small and large high schoolsNicole L Nollen
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Mail Stop 1008, Kansas City, KS, 66160, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 109:857-64. 2009....
- Enhancing Nutrition and Activity in Rural ChildrenAnn McGrath; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..