Peter J Davidson
Affiliation: University of California
- Witnessing heroin-related overdoses: the experiences of young injectors in San FranciscoPeter J Davidson
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Addiction 97:1511-6. 2002..Assessment of young injectors' exposure and response to others' heroin-related overdose...
- Fatal heroin-related overdose in San Francisco, 1997-2000: a case for targeted interventionPeter J Davidson
University of California, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, San Francisco, CA 94143 1306, USA
J Urban Health 80:261-73. 2003..We recommend the development of overdose response training targeted at heroin users and those close to them, including the staff of residential hotels...
- Heroin overdose among young injection drug users in San FranciscoKristen C Ochoa
University of California, San Francisco General Hospital, 995 Potrero Avenue, Building 90, Ward 95, Room 513, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 80:297-302. 2005..Further research on the role of cocaine and amphetamine in heroin-related overdose is indicated...
- Mortality among young injection drug users in San Francisco: a 10-year follow-up of the UFO studyJennifer L Evans
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Am J Epidemiol 175:302-8. 2012..These findings highlight the continued need for public health interventions that address the risk of overdose in this population in order to reduce premature deaths...
- Hepatitis C virus risk behaviors within the partnerships of young injecting drug usersJudith A Hahn
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Addiction 105:1254-64. 2010..We sought to determine whether perceiving one's injecting partner to be HCV positive was associated with decreased odds of engaging in receptive needle/syringe sharing (RNS) or ancillary equipment sharing (AES) with that partner...
- Gender differences in sexual and injection risk behavior among active young injection drug users in San Francisco (the UFO Study)Jennifer L Evans
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
J Urban Health 80:137-46. 2003..Interventions to reduce sexual and injection practices that put women at risk of contracting hepatitis and HIV are needed...
- Negotiating access: social barriers to purchasing syringes at pharmacies in Tijuana, MexicoPeter J Davidson
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0507, USA
Int J Drug Policy 23:286-94. 2012..However, people who inject drugs in Tijuana, Mexico report considerable social barriers to successfully purchasing syringes at pharmacies...
- Hazardous alcohol consumption among young adult IDU and its association with high risk behaviorsChloe Le Marchand
University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0886, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 127:143-9. 2013..However, limited information exists on the relationship between alcohol use and injecting and sexual risk in young adult IDU (<30 years) who are at risk for hepatitis C virus (HCV) and HIV infection...
- A GIS-based methodology for improving needle exchange service deliveryPeter J Davidson
Division of Global Public Health, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego 9500 Gilman Drive, MC 0507, La Jolla, CA 92093 0507, USA
Int J Drug Policy 22:140-4. 2011..The method described was piloted at the Homeless Youth Alliance, San Francisco, USA, and further refined at Clean Needles Now, Los Angeles, USA...