M L Davenport
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Growth hormone treatment of early growth failure in toddlers with Turner syndrome: a randomized, controlled, multicenter trialMarsha L Davenport
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, University of North Carolina, CB 7039, 3341 Medical Biomolecular Research Building, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7039, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:3406-16. 2007..Typically, growth failure in Turner syndrome (TS) begins prenatally, and height sd score (SDS) declines progressively from birth...
- Growth hormone therapy in Turner syndromeMarsha L Davenport
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7032, USA
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev 9:723-4. 2012..Recently, randomized, controlled studies have demonstrated that adjunctive therapies with low-dose estrogen or low-dose oxandrolone enhance stature further. These therapies may provide benefits beyond height augmentation...
- Growth hormone treatment does not affect incidences of middle ear disease or hearing loss in infants and toddlers with Turner syndromeMarsha L Davenport
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7039, USA
Horm Res Paediatr 74:23-32. 2010..No randomized, controlled, prospective study has evaluated the effect of growth hormone (GH) on the rates of middle ear (ME) disease and hearing loss in girls with Turner syndrome (TS)...
- Approach to the patient with Turner syndromeMarsha L Davenport
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7039, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:1487-95. 2010..Neuropsychological testing should be routine and families given support in obtaining appropriate therapy, including special accommodations at school...
- Moving toward an understanding of hormone replacement therapy in adolescent girls: looking through the lens of Turner syndromeMarsha L Davenport
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27516 7039, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1135:126-37. 2008..General guidelines for estrogen replacement therapy using transdermal estrogen, the most physiologic option, are provided and future research goals are outlined...
- Evidence for early initiation of growth hormone and transdermal estradiol therapies in girls with Turner syndromeMarsha L Davenport
University of North Carolina, 3341 Medical Biomolecular Building, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7039, USA
Growth Horm IGF Res 16:S91-7. 2006..Girls for whom height is normalized with GH therapy in early childhood have the opportunity to undergo puberty at an age-appropriate time and still achieve a normal adult stature...
- Turner syndrome: a pattern of early growth failureM L Davenport
Department of Pediatrics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7220, USA
Acta Paediatr Suppl 88:118-21. 1999..Physicians should consider the diagnosis of Turner syndrome in any girl with an unexplained failure to thrive or with short stature, even during the first 2 years of life...
- Regulation of serum insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and IGF binding proteins during rat pregnancyM L Davenport
Department of Pediatrics, Schools of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599
Endocrinology 127:1278-86. 1990..The faster serum elimination half-life may result from diminished IGFBP-3, leading to greater IGF-I availability to tissues in pregnancy...
- Differences in follicle-stimulating hormone secretion between 45,X monosomy Turner syndrome and 45,X/46,XX mosaicism are evident at an early agePatricia Y Fechner
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Stanford University, California 94305 5208, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4896-902. 2006..Little information exists regarding FSH values in very young girls with Turner syndrome (TS)...
- Gonadotropin secretion in girls with turner syndrome measured by an ultrasensitive immunochemiluminometric assayDionisios Chrysis
Department of Pediatrics, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7039, USA
Horm Res 65:261-6. 2006..Spontaneous gonadotropin levels are not an adequate screening test for the diagnosis of TS but may prove useful for predicting the gonadal function and determining the appropriate timing of estrogen replacement therapy...
- Visuospatial executive function in Turner syndrome: functional MRI and neurocognitive findingsSarah J Hart
Department of Psychology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hil, NC 27599, USA
Brain 129:1125-36. 2006..The results reveal impaired frontoparietal circuitry recruitment during visuospatial executive processing in Turner syndrome, suggesting a significant role for the X chromosome in the development of these pathways...
- Ascertainment bias in Turner syndrome: new insights from girls who were diagnosed incidentally in prenatal lifeDaniel F Gunther
Department of Pediatrics and Endocrinology, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, 4800 Sand Point Way, NE, M1 3, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Pediatrics 114:640-4. 2004....
- Health supervision for children with Turner syndromeJaime L Frias
Pediatrics 111:692-702. 2003..This report also discusses interactions with expectant parents who have been given the prenatal diagnosis of Turner syndrome and have been referred for advice...
- Kyphosis in a Turner syndrome populationDeborah A Elder
Division of Endocrinology, Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Pediatrics 109:e93. 2002..Routine radiologic surveillance may facilitate detection of developing deformities so that treatment with a brace can be considered to prevent or slow the process...