PABLO A DAVANZO
Affiliation: University of California
- Mood stabilizers in hospitalized children with bipolar disorder: a retrospective reviewPablo Davanzo
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 57:504-10. 2003..Any significant finding must be viewed as tentative and subject to confirmation in other studies...
- Mood stabilizers in the treatment of juvenile bipolar disorder. Advances and controversiesP A Davanzo
Department of Psychiatry, University of California Los Angeles, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 9:159-82. 2000....
- Decreased anterior cingulate myo-inositol/creatine spectroscopy resonance with lithium treatment in children with bipolar disorderP Davanzo
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles 90024, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 24:359-69. 2001..Follow-up studies involving a larger sample may allow us to confirm whether changes in myo-inositol associated with acute lithium therapy persist in long-term clinical response of patients with and without lithium compliance...
- Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy of bipolar disorder versus intermittent explosive disorder in children and adolescentsPablo Davanzo
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, UCLA School of Medicine, CA 90024, USA
Am J Psychiatry 160:1442-52. 2003....
- Spanish translation and reliability testing of the Child Depression InventoryPablo Davanzo
UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 35:75-92. 2004....
- Reduced concentrations of N-acetylaspartate (NAA) and the NAA-creatine ratio in the basal ganglia in bipolar disorder: a study using 3-Tesla proton magnetic resonance spectroscopyMark A Frye
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Psychiatry Res 154:259-65. 2007..Limitations of this study include small sample size and lack of tissue segmentation. Further study is encouraged to clarify state vs. trait aspects of NAA in bipolar disorder...
- Increased anterior cingulate/medial prefrontal cortical glutamate and creatine in bipolar depressionMark A Frye
UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Los Angeles, CA 55905, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:2490-9. 2007..Lamotrigine appears to reduce glutamine levels associated with treatment remission. Further study is encouraged to determine if these MR spectroscopic markers can delineate drug mechanism of action and subsequent treatment response...
- Hepatic encephalopathy: a neurochemical, neuroanatomical, and neuropsychological studyNader Binesh
Department of Radiological Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Appl Clin Med Phys 7:86-96. 2006..It also indicates that the hyperintensity observed in globus pallidus could be used as complementary to the NP test scores in evaluating the mental health of HE patients...
- Results of a SNP genome screen in a large Costa Rican pedigree segregating for severe bipolar disorderSusan Service
Center for Neurobehavioral Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles, 90095 1761, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 141:367-73. 2006..The difficulties of analyzing genome wide SNP data for complex disorders in large, potentially informative, kindreds are discussed...
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN JUVENILE BIPOLAR DISORDERPablo Davanzo; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition to furthering the candidate's transition to independent research, the proposed study would also contribute to our knowledge of pharmacological treatment and possible neurobiological markers of juvenile bipolar disorder. ..