Swapan K Das
Affiliation: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Effect of pioglitazone treatment on endoplasmic reticulum stress response in human adipose and in palmitate-induced stress in human liver and adipose cell linesSwapan K Das
Endocrinology Section, Medicine and Research Services, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, John L McClellan Memorial Veterans Hospital, 4300 W 7th St, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295:E393-400. 2008..Together, our data suggest that improved insulin sensitivity with pioglitazone is not mediated by a reduction in endoplasmic reticulum stress...
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator (ARNT) gene as a positional and functional candidate for type 2 diabetes and prediabetic intermediate traits: Mutation detection, case-control studies, and gene expression analysisSwapan K Das
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
BMC Med Genet 9:16. 2008..We hypothesized that common polymorphisms in the ARNT gene might increase the susceptibility to type 2 diabetes through impaired glucose-stimulated insulin secretion...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress markers are associated with obesity in nondiabetic subjectsNeeraj K Sharma
Medicine and Research Services, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Endocrinology 111J 1 LR, John L McClellan Memorial Veterans Hospital, 4300 West 7th Street, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:4532-41. 2008..We hypothesized that ER stress was also activated and associated with reduced insulin sensitivity (SI) in human obesity...
- Phenotypic and molecular evaluation of a chromosome 1q region with linkage and association to type 2 diabetes in humansHua Wang
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1401-8. 2009..In this study we sought to determine the molecular basis for the association and the phenotypic consequences of the risk haplotype...
- Molecular screening and association studies of retinoid-related orphan receptor gamma (RORC): a positional and functional candidate for type 2 diabetesHua Wang
Department of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Mol Genet Metab 79:176-82. 2003..85) and may constitute a haplotype block. Our data suggest that RORC cannot explain the linkage of T2DM in this region. The role of the unusual Ala454Gly variant will require a much larger study size to evaluate...
- Alpha-endosulfine, a positional and functional candidate gene for type 2 diabetes: molecular screening, association studies, and role in reduced insulin secretionHua Wang
Department of Medicine, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System and University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205 5446, USA
Mol Genet Metab 81:9-15. 2004....
- Genome-wide linkage and admixture mapping of type 2 diabetes in African American families from the American Diabetes Association GENNID (Genetics of NIDDM) Study CohortSteven C Elbein
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Diabetes 58:268-74. 2009..We used a single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) map in a large cohort of 580 African American families to identify regions linked to type 2 diabetes, age of type 2 diabetes diagnosis, and BMI...
- Liver pyruvate kinase polymorphisms are associated with type 2 diabetes in northern European CaucasiansHua Wang
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System and University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Diabetes 51:2861-5. 2002..029). Common variants in the PKLR are associated with increased risk of type 2 diabetes, but because of strong linkage disequilibrium between variants, the actual susceptibility allele may be in a different gene...
- Association of mannose-binding lectin gene (MBL2) polymorphisms with rheumatoid arthritis in an Indian cohort of case-control samplesBhawna Gupta
Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi University Campus, Mall Road, Delhi 110 007, India
J Hum Genet 50:583-91. 2005..Therefore, the B variant of the MBL2 gene may be associated with protection from RA in our study population, and the promoter polymorphism (-550 nt) seems to have some role in disease progression...