Affiliation: University of California
- Feasibility and acceptability of a phase II randomized pharmacologic intervention for methamphetamine dependence in high-risk men who have sex with menMoupali Das
HIV Prevention Section, San Francisco Department of Public Health, CA 94102, USA
AIDS 24:991-1000. 2010..study design: phase ii randomized, double-blind trial of bupropion vs. placebo...
- Tripling of methamphetamine/amphetamine use among homeless and marginally housed persons, 1996-2003Moupali Das-Douglas
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Urban Health 85:239-49. 2008..Further research is needed to elucidate the most effective prevention and treatment for MA use and dependence among the H/M...
- Implementation of the Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit is associated with antiretroviral therapy interruptionsMoupali Das-Douglas
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California, San Francisco, CA, 94143, USA
AIDS Behav 13:1-9. 2009..Directed interventions to monitor the long-term effects of increased cost burden on interruptions and clinical outcomes and to reduce cost burden are necessary to avoid preventable increases in morbidity and mortality...
- Decreases in community viral load are accompanied by reductions in new HIV infections in San FranciscoMoupali Das
San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, California, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e11068. 2010....
- Mirtazapine to reduce methamphetamine use: a randomized controlled trialGrant N Colfax
San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 68:1168-75. 2011..No approved pharmacologic treatments for methamphetamine dependence exist. Methamphetamine use is associated with high morbidity and is a major cofactor in the human immunodeficiency virus epidemic among men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- Aripiprazole for the treatment of methamphetamine dependence: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialPhillip Oliver Coffin
San Francisco Department of Public Health, San Francisco, California, USA University of California, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Addiction 108:751-61. 2013..To test aripiprazole for efficacy in decreasing use in methamphetamine-dependent adults, compared to placebo...
- Linkage and retention in HIV care among men who have sex with men in the United StatesKaterina A Christopoulos
San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:S214-22. 2011..As is the case for HIV-infected populations in general, future research should also focus on identifying the best metrics for measuring engagement in care...
- The effect of expanded antiretroviral treatment strategies on the HIV epidemic among men who have sex with men in San FranciscoEdwin D Charlebois
HIV AIDS Division, Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, California, USA
Clin Infect Dis 52:1046-9. 2011..Addition of annual HIV testing for men who have sex with men to universal treatment decreases new infections by 76%...
- Not all missed doses are the same: sustained NNRTI treatment interruptions predict HIV rebound at low-to-moderate adherence levelsJean Jacques Parienti
Clinical Research and Biostatistics Department, Cote de Nacre University Hospital, Caen, France
PLoS ONE 3:e2783. 2008..We examined medication event monitoring system (MEMS) defined adherence patterns and their relation to subsequent virologic rebound...
- Written informed consent and HIV testing rates: the San Francisco experienceMoupali Das-Douglas
Am J Public Health 98:1544-5; author reply 1545. 2008
- Applying public health principles to the HIV epidemicThomas R Frieden
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 353:2397-402. 2005