Chad E Darling
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Cost reductions associated with a quality improvement initiative for patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarctionChad E Darling
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 39:16-21. 2013..However, there is a limited literature examining the effect that these quality improvement (QI) initiatives have on patient care costs...
- Platelet reactivity and the identification of acute coronary syndromes in the emergency departmentChad E Darling
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 28:31-7. 2009..This review will focus on selected tests/markers of platelet function that have shown some promise with respect to the risk stratification of patients with potential ACS...
- Aging mouse hearts are refractory to infarct size reduction with post-conditioningKarin Przyklenk
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1393-8. 2008..Our aim was to establish whether the efficacy of post-conditioning is maintained in aging hearts...
- Postconditioning via stuttering reperfusion limits myocardial infarct size in rabbit hearts: role of ERK1/2Chad E Darling
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H1618-26. 2005..Thus our results implicate the involvement of ERK1/2 rather than PI3-kinase/Akt in the reduction of infarct size achieved with post-C...
- 'Postconditioning' the human heart: multiple balloon inflations during primary angioplasty may confer cardioprotectionChad E Darling
Dept of Emergency Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue, North Worcester, MA, 01655, USA
Basic Res Cardiol 102:274-8. 2007..05), an outcome consistent with the concept that relief of sustained ischemia in a stuttered manner (analogous to postconditioning) may evoke cardioprotection in the clinical setting...
- Early verification of myocardial ischemia with a novel biomarker of acute tissue damage: C-reactive protein fractional formsCharles R Kiefer
Department of Hospital Laboratories, UMass Memorial Medical Center, One Biotech Park, 365 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Clin Chim Acta 413:1536-41. 2012....
- Pretreatment with D-myo-inositol trisphosphate reduces infarct size in rabbit hearts: role of inositol trisphosphate receptors and gap junctions in triggering protectionKarin Przyklenk
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, 01655, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 314:1386-92. 2005..These data support the concepts that infarct size reduction with D-myo-IP(3) is triggered by receptor binding and that communication via gap junctions/hemichannels is involved in initiating this protection...