Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Gene by neuroticism interaction and cognitive function among older adultsIlan Dar-Nimrod
Department of Psychiatry and Laboratory of Personality and Development, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 27:1147-54. 2012....
- Viewing death on television increases the appeal of advertised productsIlan Dar-Nimrod
University of Rochester, Department of Psychiatry, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Soc Psychol 152:199-211. 2012..The findings are discussed in light on affective and existential theories which make opposite predictions. Implications and future directions are considered...
- Genetic essentialism: on the deceptive determinism of DNAIlan Dar-Nimrod
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Psychol Bull 137:800-18. 2011..Last, moderating factors and interventions to reduce the magnitude of genetic essentialism, which identify promising directions to explore in order to reduce these biases, are discussed...
- Do scientific theories affect men's evaluations of sex crimes?Ilan Dar-Nimrod
University of Rochester, Rochester, New York
Aggress Behav 37:440-9. 2011..These results have implications for journalists, educators, and scientists. Aggr. Behav. 37:440-449, 2011. © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Some thoughts on essence placeholders, interactionism, and heritability: reply to Haslam (2011) and Turkheimer (2011)Ilan Dar-Nimrod
University of Rochester Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, 300 Crittenden Blvd, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Psychol Bull 137:829-33. 2011....
- The effects of learning about one's own genetic susceptibility to alcoholism: a randomized experimentIlan Dar-Nimrod
School of Psychology, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Genet Med 15:132-8. 2013..Increased accessibility of direct-to-consumer personalized genetic reports raises the question: how are people affected by information about their own genetic predispositions?..
- Exposure to scientific theories affects women's math performanceIlan Dar-Nimrod
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4, Canada
Science 314:435. 2006..In two studies, women who read of genetic causes of sex differences performed worse on math tests than those who read of experiential causes...