Tobias B Dansen
Affiliation: University of California
- Regulation of sterol carrier protein gene expression by the forkhead transcription factor FOXO3aTobias B Dansen
Department of Biochemistry of Lipids, Institute of Biomembranes, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Lipid Res 45:81-8. 2004..We propose a model for the way in which SCP2 could protect fatty acids from peroxidation...
- Bid mediates apoptotic synergy between tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) and DNA damageV Courtney Broaddus
Lung Biology Center, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0854, USA
J Biol Chem 280:12486-93. 2005..Such studies indicate how the adroit combination of differing proapoptotic and sublethal signals can provide an effective strategy for treating refractory tumors...
- The peroxisomal lumen in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is alkalineCarlo W T van Roermund
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Amsterdam, Academic Medical Centre, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Cell Sci 117:4231-7. 2004..1+/-0.2 in pxa2 Delta cells. Our combined results suggest that the proton gradient across the peroxisomal membrane is dependent on Ant1p activity and required for the beta-oxidation of medium chain fatty acids...
- Radiation-induced caspase-8 mediates p53-independent apoptosis in glioma cellsGolnar Afshar
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California at San Francisco, 94143 1708, USA
Cancer Res 66:4223-32. 2006..This model may explain why p53 mutations in adult gliomas paradoxically correlate with improved survival and enhanced response to radiation...
- Malignant mesothelioma cells are rapidly sensitized to TRAIL-induced apoptosis by low-dose anisomycin via BimKeith S Abayasiriwardana
Lung Biology Center, Box 0854, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94110 0854, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:2766-76. 2007..Such subtoxic approaches to sensitization may enhance the value of TRAIL in cancer therapy...
- Forkhead transcription factor FOXO3a protects quiescent cells from oxidative stressGeert J P L Kops
Department of Physiological Chemistry, University Medical Center Utrecht and Center for Biomedical Genetics, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nature 419:316-21. 2002..The model of Forkhead involvement in regulating longevity stems from genetic analysis in Caenorhabditis elegans, and we conclude that this model also extends to mammalian systems...
- Specific requirement for Bax, not Bak, in Myc-induced apoptosis and tumor suppression in vivoTobias B Dansen
Cancer Research Institute and Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0875, USA
J Biol Chem 281:10890-5. 2006..Furthermore, blockade of Myc-induced apoptosis by the inactivation of Bax, but not Bak, eliminates all restraints to the oncogenic potential of Myc, allowing the rapid and synchronous progression of invasive, angiogenic tumors...
- Glucose withdrawal induces oxidative stress followed by apoptosis in glioblastoma cells but not in normal human astrocytesNannette Jelluma
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Mol Cancer Res 4:319-30. 2006..This study implicates glycolysis as a potentially efficient and selective target for glioblastoma multiforme treatment...