Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Inhibition of CD95-mediated apoptosis through beta 1 integrin in the HSG epithelial cell lineHoward Dang
Department of Community Dentistry, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 13:223-32. 2006..These studies show that salivary progenitor epithelial cell survival is integrin dependent and involves the transactivation of the EGF receptor pathway...
- Role for Notch signaling in salivary acinar cell growth and differentiationHoward Dang
The University of Texas Health Science Center, Department of Community Dentistry, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Dev Dyn 238:724-31. 2009..Taken together, these data suggest that Notch signaling is critical for normal salivary gland cell growth and differentiation...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase up-regulation and activation during rat parotid gland atrophy and regeneration: role of epidermal growth factor and beta2-adrenergic receptorsHoward Dang
Department of Community Dentistry, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
Differentiation 76:546-57. 2008..Up-regulation of ERKs and p38, and the activation of these MAPKs by up-regulated EGF and beta2-ARs, may be important signaling components underlying glandular atrophy and subsequent regeneration...
- Bax gene expression alters Ca(2+) signal transduction without affecting apoptosis in an epithelial cell lineSonomi Aiba-Masago
Department of Community Dentistry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas, TX 78229-3900, USA
Oncogene 21:2762-7. 2002..This study shows that sub-apoptotic levels of Bax can reduce Ca(2+) content in intracellular stores and Ca(2+) homeostasis. Bax may mediate these effects by reducing the levels of antioxidants resulting in mild oxidative stress...
- Interaction of age and specific saliva component output on cariesRahma Mungia
Department of Community Dentistry, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Aging Clin Exp Res 20:503-8. 2008..The purpose of this study was to explore the relationship between individual salivary components, dental caries and age, utilizing the data from the Oral Health: San Antonio Longitudinal Study of Aging (OH:SALSA)...
- beta-Adrenergic-responsive activation of extracellular signal-regulated protein kinases in salivary cells: role of epidermal growth factor receptor and cAMPChih-Ko Yeh
Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, South Texas Veterans Health Care System, 7400 Merton Minter Blvd, San Antonio, TX 78229-4404, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 288:C1357-66. 2005..Our results also suggest that isoproterenol-induced growth of salivary tissue may involve ERK-mediated CD44 expression...
- Effect of serotype 5 adenoviral and serotype 2 adeno- associated viral vector-mediated gene transfer to salivary glands on the composition of salivaJianghua Wang
Gene Therapy and Therapeutics Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892-1190, USA
Hum Gene Ther 17:455-63. 2006....
- Distinct pathways of ERK activation by the muscarinic agonists pilocarpine and carbachol in a human salivary cell lineAlan L Lin
Department of Dental Diagnostic Science, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C1454-64. 2008....
- SJOGRENS SYNDROME SALIVARY GLAND AND APOPTOSISHoward Dang; Fiscal Year: 2001..Caspase inhibitors will be used to identify specific proteases during apoptosis. Biopsy material from patents with Sjogren's syndrome will be immunostained for bcl-2 family member expression. ..