Flora J Dallo
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Diabetes risk factors and testing in a Texas family medicine clinicFlora J Dallo
The University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas 75390, USA
Tex Med 103:45-50. 2007..05) to have a glucose test. Many patients who should be tested are not being tested. One way to improve the quality of care is to perform glucose testing on patients at high risk for diabetes and to obtain complete lipid profiles...
- Prevalence of disability among US- and foreign-born Arab Americans: results from the 2000 US CensusFlorence J Dallo
University of Texas, School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, Dallas, TX 75390 9128, USA
Gerontology 55:153-61. 2009..Although the prevalence of disability for various racial and ethnic groups has been documented, little attention has been paid to Arab Americans in the United States...
- Nativity status and patient perceptions of the patient-physician encounter: results from the Commonwealth Fund 2001 survey on disparities in quality of health careFlorence J Dallo
University of Texas, School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Med Care 46:185-91. 2008..Although racial and ethnic differences in healthcare have been extensively documented in the United States, little attention has been paid to the quality of health care for the foreign-born population in the United States...
- Variations in glucose test ordering practices by diabetes risk factorsFlorence J Dallo
School of Public Health, University of Texas, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 21:249-50. 2008
- Quality of diabetes care for immigrants in the U.SFlorence J Dallo
School of Health Sciences, Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan, USA
Diabetes Care 32:1459-63. 2009..Because immigrants are less likely to use health care, clinicians should take advantage of the office visit to effectively communicate to the patient the importance of receiving an influenza vaccination...
- The relative effect of self-management practices on glycaemic control in type 2 diabetic patients in MexicoJavier E Garcia de Alba Garcia
Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Unidad de Investigacio Social, Epidemiologica y en Servios de Salud, CMNO Belisario Dominguez 1000 Colonia Independencia, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Chronic Illn 2:77-85. 2006..In this study, we examined the relative impact of self-management activities on glycaemic control in a population at high risk for developing complications...
- Effectiveness of diabetes mellitus screening recommendationsFlorence J Dallo
Sociomedical Sciences Division, Department of Preventive Medicine and Community Health, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1153, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:10574-9. 2003..The screening guidelines would be effective, if followed, and would essentially eliminate undiagnosed cases of diabetes...
- Education and diabetes in a racially and ethnically diverse populationLuisa N Borrell
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, School of Dental and Oral Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1637-42. 2006..We used data from the National Health Interview Survey (1997-2002) to examine the association between education and the prevalence of diabetes in US adults and whether this relation differs by race/ethnicity...
- Self-reported diabetes and hypertension among Arab Americans in the United StatesFlorence J Dallo
Survey Research Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Ethn Dis 16:699-705. 2006....