Affiliation: University of California
- Identification of biomarkers that predict response to treatment of lupus nephritis with mycophenolate mofetil or pulse cyclophosphamideMaria Dall'Era
University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0633, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 63:351-7. 2011..To this end, we utilized data from the Aspreva Lupus Management Study to identify possible baseline and early predictors of renal response to mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) or intravenous (IV) cyclophosphamide (CYC)...
- B-lymphocyte stimulator/a proliferation-inducing ligand heterotrimers are elevated in the sera of patients with autoimmune disease and are neutralized by atacicept and B-cell maturation antigen-immunoglobulinStacey R Dillon
Preclinical Research and Development, ZymoGenetics, Inc, 1201 Eastlake Ave East, Seattle, WA 98102, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R48. 2010..They are overexpressed in a variety of autoimmune diseases and reportedly exist in vivo not only as homotrimers, but also as BLyS/APRIL heterotrimers...
- Mycophenolate mofetil in the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosusMaria Dall'Era
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0633, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 23:454-8. 2011..This review will discuss the key studies that have contributed to our understanding of the efficacy and safety of MMF in the treatment of SLE...
- Treatment of mild, moderate, and severe lupus erythematosus: focus on new therapiesMaria Dall'Era
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 13:308-16. 2011..This article provides a discussion of several novel biologic agents at different stages of development for the treatment of SLE, as well as an analysis of newer data on agents that have been used in the treatment of SLE for many years...
- Reduced B lymphocyte and immunoglobulin levels after atacicept treatment in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: results of a multicenter, phase Ib, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-escalating trialMaria Dall'Era
Division of Rheumatology, University of California San Francisco 533 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:4142-50. 2007..Atacicept is a TACI-Ig fusion protein that inhibits B cell stimulation by binding to B lymphocyte stimulator and a proliferation-inducing ligand...
- Six refractory lupus patients treated with rituximab: a case seriesJoAnn Zell Gillis
Division of Rheumatology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Arthritis Rheum 57:538-42. 2007
- Biologic therapy for systemic lupus erythematosusMaria Dall'Era
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Discov Med 9:20-3. 2010..This encouraging news follows several disappointments in trials of other biologic therapies and provides a timely moment to reflect on where we stand, what we have learned, and what may lie ahead...
- Brief index of lupus damage: a patient-reported measure of damage in systemic lupus erythematosusJinoos Yazdany
Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis, University of California San Francisco, CA 94143 0920, USA
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 63:1170-7. 2011..In addition, we compared the BILD to another recently developed patient-reported measure, the Lupus Damage Index Questionnaire (LDIQ), which was designed as a written survey...
- A quality indicator set for systemic lupus erythematosusJinoos Yazdany
Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0920, USA
Arthritis Rheum 61:370-7. 2009..To systematically develop a quality indicator (QI) set for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Clinical trial design in systemic lupus erythematosusMaria Dall'Era
Division of Rheumatology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Curr Opin Rheumatol 18:476-80. 2006..The purpose of this review is to discuss the challenges inherent in the design of clinical trials for patients with systemic lupus erythematosus...
- Systemic lupus erythematosus. How to manage, when to referMaria Dall'Era
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine Clinical Trials Center, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, 533 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Postgrad Med 114:31-7, 40. 2003..The section on therapy constitutes a practical resource for primary care physicians who care for patients with SLE...
- Systemic lupus erythematosus clinical trials-an interim analysisMaria Dall'Era
Division of Rheumatology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Nat Rev Rheumatol 5:348-51. 2009..This article provides an analysis of the major clinical trials in SLE, and offers an interpretation of the results that could illuminate the path forward...