Affiliation: University of California
- Inner limiting membrane barriers to AAV-mediated retinal transduction from the vitreousDeniz Dalkara
Department of Chemical Engineering, The University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720 3190, USA
Mol Ther 17:2096-102. 2009..These findings may help avoid limitations, risks, and damage associated with subretinal injections currently necessary for clinical gene therapy...
- Changes in adeno-associated virus-mediated gene delivery in retinal degenerationKathleen D Kolstad
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 3190, USA
Hum Gene Ther 21:571-8. 2010..Furthermore, these results indicate that gene delivery to the outer nuclear layer may be achieved by noninvasive intravitreal AAV administration in the diseased state...
- AAV mediated GDNF secretion from retinal glia slows down retinal degeneration in a rat model of retinitis pigmentosaDeniz Dalkara
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology and the Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3190, USA
Mol Ther 19:1602-8. 2011..These findings also demonstrate for the first time that glia-mediated secretion of neurotrophins is a promising treatment that may be applicable to other neurodegenerative conditions...
- In vivo-directed evolution of a new adeno-associated virus for therapeutic outer retinal gene delivery from the vitreousDeniz Dalkara
Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 1462, USA
Sci Transl Med 5:189ra76. 2013..Furthermore, it enabled transduction of primate photoreceptors from the vitreous, expanding its therapeutic promise...
- Molecular evolution of adeno-associated virus for enhanced glial gene deliveryJames T Koerber
Department of Chemical Engineering, Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, The University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 1462, USA
Mol Ther 17:2088-95. 2009....
- LiGluR restores visual responses in rodent models of inherited blindnessNatalia Caporale
Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 2020, USA
Mol Ther 19:1212-9. 2011....
- Rapid optical control of nociception with an ion-channel photoswitchAlexandre Mourot
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA
Nat Methods 9:396-402. 2012..Because intracellular QAQ accumulation is a consequence of nociceptive ion-channel activity, QAQ-mediated photosensitization is a platform for understanding signaling mechanisms in acute and chronic pain...