Tamara C Daley
Affiliation: University of California
- A national sample of preschoolers with autism spectrum disorders: special education services and parent satisfactionAmy Bitterman
Westat, 1650 Research Boulevard, Rockville, MD, 20850, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 38:1509-17. 2008..Implications about the importance of parent satisfaction and social validity measures are discussed...
- Diagnostic conceptualization of autism among Indian psychiatrists, psychologists, and pediatriciansTamara C Daley
Department of Psychology, University of California Los Angeles, 90095 1563, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 32:13-23. 2002..Comparisons with DSM-III and DSM-IV criteria suggest that Indian professionals may adhere to these systems. Conclusions about diagnosis in a cultural context and areas for future research are suggested...
- IQ on the rise: the Flynn effect in rural Kenyan childrenTamara C Daley
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1563, USA
Psychol Sci 14:215-9. 2003..The hypotheses that resonate best with our findings are those related to parents' literacy, family structure, and children's nutrition and health...
- From symptom recognition to diagnosis: children with autism in urban IndiaTamara C Daley
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, Box 951563, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Soc Sci Med 58:1323-35. 2004..Environmental, cultural, and socioeconomic factors may also have an impact on whether a parent receives a diagnosis. Implications for professional awareness and increased accuracy of diagnosis are also suggested...
- Beliefs about treatment of mental health problems among Cambodian American children and parentsTamara C Daley
University of California, Los Angeles Department of Psychology, Box 951563, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Soc Sci Med 61:2384-95. 2005..Data about actual experiences with mental health services are used to help explain the findings and suggest implications for treatment of Cambodian-American youth...
- Perceptions and congruence of symptoms and communication among second-generation Cambodian youth and parents: a matched-control designTamara C Daley
UCLA Department of Psychology, University of California, Box 951563, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 37:39-53. 2006....
- "I speak a different dialect": teen explanatory models of difference and disabilityTamara C Daley
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Med Anthropol Q 17:25-48. 2003..Eliciting explanatory models from teens with disabilities is not only possible but also can enhance understanding of identity, family influence, and appropriate services...