G W Dalack
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Clinical skills verification, formative feedback, and psychiatry residency traineesGregory W Dalack
Dept of Psychiatry, Univ of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Acad Psychiatry 36:122-5. 2012....
- Nicotine dependence in schizophrenia: clinical phenomena and laboratory findingsG W Dalack
Ann Arbor VA Medical Center, MI 48105, USA
Am J Psychiatry 155:1490-501. 1998..The goal of this report is to examine the potential implications of the high prevalence of smoking in schizophrenia for our understanding of this illness...
- Acute feasibility and safety of a smoking reduction strategy for smokers with schizophreniaG W Dalack
Ann Arbor VA Medical Center, MI, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 1:53-7. 1999..Significant decreases in carbon monoxide smoking indices were seen for the heaviest smokers. These findings suggest further investigation of a smoking reduction intervention in this population...
- Cocaine, ethanol, and genotype effects on human midbrain serotonin transporter binding sites and mRNA levelsK Y Little
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Psychiatry 155:207-13. 1998..The present investigation tested the hypothesis that brain serotonin transporter function is altered in chronic users of ethanol and cocaine, which might be related to a common serotonin transporter promoter polymorphism...
- Striatal dopaminergic abnormalities in human cocaine usersK Y Little
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor VA Medical Center 48105, USA
Am J Psychiatry 156:238-45. 1999..Previous inconsistencies in results were perhaps related to selective radioligand affinity changes or a coexisting loss of dopamine neurons...
- Brain dopamine transporter messenger RNA and binding sites in cocaine users: a postmortem studyK Y Little
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, and Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 48105, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 55:793-9. 1998..The present experiment tested the hypothesis in cocaine-using humans that synthesis of midbrain DAT messenger RNA increases parallel with increased striatal DAT binding sites...
- Patient- and facility-level factors associated with diffusion of a new antipsychotic in the VA health systemMarcia Valenstein
SMITREC VA Ann Arbor Center for Excellence, P O Box 130170, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48113 0170, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:70-6. 2006..This study evaluated the influence of patient- and facility-level characteristics on the early use of a new antipsychotic, ziprasidone, among Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) patients with schizophrenia...
- Buddy-to-Buddy, a citizen soldier peer support program to counteract stigma, PTSD, depression, and suicideJohn F Greden
University of Michigan Department of Psychiatry and Comprehensive Depression Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1208:90-7. 2010..Goals are to improve treatment entry, adherence, clinical outcomes, and to reduce suicides. This manuscript describes training approaches, preliminary results, and explores future national dissemination...
- Public-academic partnerships: working together to meet the needs of Army National Guard soldiers: an academic-military partnershipGregory W Dalack
Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, 4250 Plymouth Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Psychiatr Serv 61:1069-71. 2010..The process of forming the partnership and the challenges, opportunities, and benefits arising from it are described...
- Auditory gating in schizophrenia: a pilot study of the precedence effectBrian J Mickey
Kresge Hearing Research Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0506, USA
Schizophr Res 73:327-31. 2005..These findings suggest that abnormalities of auditory spatial processing and speech segregation are unlikely to contribute to the clinical pathology of schizophrenia...
- Neurocognitive measures of prefrontal cortical dysfunction in schizophreniaLaura M Ritter
Psychiatry Service, VA Ann Arbor Health Care System, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Schizophr Res 68:65-73. 2004....
- Diabetes risk associated with use of olanzapine, quetiapine, and risperidone in veterans health administration patients with schizophreniaBruce L Lambert
Department of Pharmacy Administration, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Epidemiol 164:672-81. 2006..Prescribers should be mindful of diabetes risks when treating patients with schizophrenia...
- Pulmonary disease among inpatient decedents: Impact of schizophreniaLaurel A Copeland
South Texas Veterans Health Care System VERDICT HSR and D, 7400 Merton Minter 11c6, San Antonio, Texas 78229 4404, United States
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:720-6. 2007..Determine the risk associated with schizophrenia for common pulmonary illness (pneumonia and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD)) during the last year of life...