Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Can a screening questionnaire accurately identify mild Parkinsonian signs?Nabila Dahodwala
Parkinson s Disease and Movement Disorders Center, Pennsylvania Hospital, 330 South Ninth Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Neuroepidemiology 39:171-5. 2012..Our objective was to assess the ability of a 9-item Parkinson's Disease Screening Questionnaire (PDSQ), which has high sensitivity in the detection of overt Parkinson's disease (PD), to detect MPS...
- Validation of an instrument to measure older adults' expectations regarding movement (ERM)Nabila Dahodwala
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e43854. 2012..Our objectives were to develop measures of older adults' expectations regarding movement with aging, specifically related to parkinsonism, and their beliefs about seeking healthcare for the diagnosis and treatment of parkinsonism...
- Screening questionnaires for parkinsonism: a systematic reviewNabila Dahodwala
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, PA, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 18:216-24. 2012..However, the performance of these questionnaires varied based on the individual items, study sample, and method of administration. The performance of screening questionnaires in the detection of early or mild parkinsonism was modest...
- Racial differences in the diagnosis of Parkinson's diseaseNabila Dahodwala
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Mov Disord 24:1200-5. 2009..Better understanding of the complex biological and social determinants of these disparities is critical to improve PD care...
- Treatment disparities in Parkinson's diseaseNabila Dahodwala
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ann Neurol 66:142-5. 2009..In a group with the same healthcare insurance, disparities in PD treatment exist. Physician and community awareness of these racial differences in PD treatment is the first step in addressing healthcare disparities...
- Delayed Parkinson's disease diagnosis among African-Americans: the role of reporting of disabilityNabila Dahodwala
Parkinson s Disease Research, Education and Clinical Center, Philadelphia VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Neuroepidemiology 36:150-4. 2011..We sought to compare the stage at which African-American and white PD patients present for healthcare, and determine whether perception of disability accounts for racial differences...
- Neurology education and global health: my rotation in BotswanaNabila Dahodwala
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neurology 68:E15-6. 2007
- Genetic influences on cognitive decline in Parkinson's diseaseJames F Morley
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvalia, USA
Mov Disord 27:512-8. 2012..Clinically, these results suggest that genotyping can provide information about the risk of future cognitive decline for PD patients...
- Teaching: residents in the hospital, mentors in the community: the Educational Pipeline Program at PennRoy H Hamilton
Department of Neurology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neurology 68:E25-8. 2007