Soheil S Dadras
Affiliation: University of Connecticut Health Center
- In-depth characterization of microRNA transcriptome in melanomaJames Kozubek
Department of Genetics and Developmental Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut, United States of America Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e72699. 2013..Deep-sequencing small RNAs directly from clinically defined specimens provides a robust strategy to improve melanoma diagnostics...
- Up-regulated Dicer expression in patients with cutaneous melanomaZhihai Ma
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20494. 2011..Emerging evidence shows that Dicer expression is deregulated in some human malignancies and it correlates with tumor progression, yet this role has not yet been investigated in skin cancers...
- An unexpected role for EGF in lymphangiogenesis-mediated melanoma metastasis to sentinel lymph nodesSoheil S Dadras
Department of Dermatology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT, USA
J Invest Dermatol 133:14-6. 2013..The latest discovery of Bracher et al. (2012) further supports a dynamic role for lymphatics-mediated melanoma metastasis to sentinel lymph node prompted by tumor-derived epidermal growth factor...
- Molecular diagnostics in melanoma: current status and perspectivesSoheil S Dadras
Department of Dermatology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06302, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 135:860-9. 2011..Advancement in current technologies is such that one can now examine ribonucleic acid (RNA), deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA), and protein directly from the patient's own tumor...
- Expression of prox1, lymphatic endothelial nuclear transcription factor, in Kaposiform hemangioendothelioma and tufted angiomaAude Rimella Le Huu
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1563-73. 2010..Overall, our results show, for the first time, that Prox1 is an immunohistochemical biomarker helpful in confirming the diagnosis of KHE/TA and in distinguishing it from infantile hemangioma and pyogenic granuloma...
- Melanoma and melanocytic tumors of uncertain malignant potential in children, adolescents and young adults--the Stanford experience 1995-2008David R Berk
Department of Dermatology, Pigmented Lesion and Melanoma Program, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94063, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 27:244-54. 2010..Our data highlight the rarity, female predominance, and significant rate of SLN positivity of pediatric melanoma. The high rate of MelTUMPs with regional nodal disease reinforces the need for close follow-up...
- Profiling and discovery of novel miRNAs from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded melanoma and nodal specimensZhihai Ma
Departments of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Mol Diagn 11:420-9. 2009..This methodology can therefore be used to facilitate miRNA discovery from archived human cancers...
- Lymphatic invasion in cutaneous melanoma is associated with sentinel lymph node metastasisKatie Doeden
Department of Pathology, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305 5324, USA
J Cutan Pathol 36:772-80. 2009..Sentinel lymph node (SLN) metastasis is a major determinant for staging, prognostication and clinical management of patients with cutaneous melanoma. However, the role of lymphatic vs. vascular invasion (VI) for SLN spread remains unclear...
- SOX10 immunostaining distinguishes desmoplastic melanoma from excision scarFrances Ivette Ramos-Herberth
Department of Pathology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Cutan Pathol 37:944-52. 2010..Distinguishing melanoma cells from immature fibrocytes or histiocytes is made more challenging in desmoplastic melanoma excision specimens...
- Analyses of T cell-mediated immune response to a human melanoma-associated antigen by the young and the elderlyNitya G Chakraborty
Carole and Ray Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 1628, USA
Hum Immunol 74:640-7. 2013..These findings indicate that elderly patients might be capable of responding to tumor antigens, and need not be excluded from immune-based therapies or clinical trials...
- What's new in prognostication of melanoma in the dermatopathology laboratory?Haider K Bangash
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06032, USA
Clin Dermatol 31:317-23. 2013....
- Prox-1 promotes invasion of kaposiform hemangioendotheliomasSoheil S Dadras
Department of Dermatology, Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:2798-806. 2008..Together, these results indicate that Prox1 plays an important, previously unanticipated role in mediating the aggressive behavior of vascular neoplasms such as KS...
- Verrucous hemangioma: a report of two cases and review of the literatureMarimeg Q Clairwood
Department of Dermatology, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06032, USA
J Cutan Pathol 38:740-6. 2011..We present two cases of verrucous hemangioma and discuss the clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical findings...