Genomes and Genes
Maria F Czyzyk-Krzeska
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- Identification of the poly(C) binding protein in the complex associated with the 3' untranslated region of erythropoietin messenger RNAM F Czyzyk-Krzeska
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Blood 93:2111-20. 1999..In Hep3B or HepG2 cells hypoxia induces neither expression of PCBP nor formation of the ribonucleoprotein complex associated with EPO mRNA that involves PCBP...
- The von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor protein and Egl-9-Type proline hydroxylases regulate the large subunit of RNA polymerase II in response to oxidative stressOlga Mikhaylova
Department of Molecular Oncogenesis, Genome Research Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45237 0505, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:2701-17. 2008..These data indicate that through this novel pathway involving P1465 hydroxylation and Ser5 phosphorylation of Rbp1, pVHL may regulate tumor growth...
- von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor: not only HIF's executionerMaria F Czyzyk-Krzeska
Department of Genome Science, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0505, USA
Trends Mol Med 10:146-9. 2004..However, the ubiquitylating role of the VHL complex extends beyond its function in regulating HIF, as it appears to regulate the stability of other proteins that might be involved in various steps of oncogenic processes...
- von Hippel-Lindau protein binds hyperphosphorylated large subunit of RNA polymerase II through a proline hydroxylation motif and targets it for ubiquitinationAnna V Kuznetsova
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0576, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2706-11. 2003..This interaction is regulated by UV radiation...
- Regulation of tyrosine hydroxylase promoter activity by the von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor protein and hypoxia-inducible transcription factorsPhillip O Schnell
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
J Neurochem 85:483-91. 2003..These results indicate that HIFs may play an important role in regulation of TH gene expression in oxygen-sensitive cells and also in the development of hypercatecholaminemia in pheochromocytoma tumors...
- Endogenous von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor protein regulates catecholaminergic phenotype in PC12 cellsAmy L Bauer
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0576, USA
Cancer Res 62:1682-7. 2002..This is the first evidence that endogenous pVHL is a physiological regulator of the catecholaminergic phenotype. Thus, loss of pVHL function may be causative in pheochromocytoma-associated hypercatecholaminemia and arterial hypertension...
- von Hippel-Lindau-dependent patterns of RNA polymerase II hydroxylation in human renal clear cell carcinomasYing Yi
Department of Cancer and Cell Biology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0521, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:5142-52. 2010..Here, our goal was to determine the effect of this VHL function and the status of P1465 hydroxylation in human RCC tumors...
- Hypoxia-activated metabolic pathway stimulates phosphorylation of p300 and CBP in oxygen-sensitive cellsAdriana Zakrzewska
Department of Genome Science, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0505, USA
J Neurochem 94:1288-96. 2005..We propose that the NADH glycerol phosphate shuttle participates in generating a pool of ATP that serves either as a co-factor or a modulator of the kinases involved in the phosphorylation of p300/CBP during hypoxia...
- Calcium signaling stimulates translation of HIF-alpha during hypoxiaAnna S Hui
Department of Genome Science, Genome Research Institute, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0505, USA
FASEB J 20:466-75. 2006....
- VHL-regulated MiR-204 suppresses tumor growth through inhibition of LC3B-mediated autophagy in renal clear cell carcinomaOlga Mikhaylova
Department of Cancer and Cell Biology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0056, USA
Cancer Cell 21:532-46. 2012..VHL, in addition to inducing endogenous miR-204, triggered the expression of LC3C, an HIF-regulated LC3B paralog, that suppressed tumor growth. These data reveal a function of VHL as a tumor-suppressing regulator of autophagic programs...
- Regulation of catecholamines by sustained and intermittent hypoxia in neuroendocrine cells and sympathetic neuronsAnna S Hui
Department of Genome Science, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267-0505, USA
Hypertension 42:1130-6. 2003..The effects of both types of hypoxia on expression of catecholaminergic enzymes in superior cervical neurons and adrenal glands were transient and small...
- Renal involvement in tuberous sclerosis complex and von Hippel-Lindau disease: shared disease mechanisms?Brian J Siroky
Division of Nephrology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Nat Clin Pract Nephrol 5:143-56. 2009..This Review summarizes the pathophysiologic and therapeutic overlap between tuberous sclerosis complex and von Hippel-Lindau disease and highlights the results of recent drug trials in these settings...
- Regulation of gene expression for neurotransmitters during adaptation to hypoxia in oxygen-sensitive neuroendocrine cellsWaltke R Paulding
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267-0576, USA
Microsc Res Tech 59:178-87. 2002..g., intermittent vs. chronic. Construction of a hypoxia-regulated, CB-specific, subtractive cDNA library will enable us to further characterize regulation of gene expression in the CB...
- Novel binding of HuR and poly(C)-binding protein to a conserved UC-rich motif within the 3'-untranslated region of the androgen receptor messenger RNABu B Yeap
Laboratory for Cancer Medicine, Western Australian Institute for Medical Research, University Department of Medicine, University of Western Australia, 50 Murray Street, Perth, WA 6000, Australia
J Biol Chem 277:27183-92. 2002..The binding of HuR, CP1, and CP2 to AR mRNA suggests a role for each of these proteins in the post-transcriptional regulation of AR expression in cancer cells...
- Role of ubiquitylation in renal cancerMaria F Czyzyk Krzeska; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- REGULATION OF GENE EXPRESSION BY OXYGENMARIA CZYZYK KRZESKA; Fiscal Year: 2005..An understanding of the physiological role of pVhl in regulation of gene expression during hypoxia will provide much needed information on how O2-sensitive cells respond and adapt to hypoxia. ..
- Regulation of Cell Function by Intermittent HypoxiaMARIA CZYZYK KRZESKA; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) We will determine the role of proline hydroxylation in Rpb1 ubiquitination by VHL and measure the effects of IH and oxidative stress on proline hydroxylation in brain extracts from exposed animals, and in PC12 cells. ..
- Role of ubiquitylation in renal cancerMARIA CZYZYK KRZESKA; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Role of ubiquitylation in renal cancerMARIA CZYZYK KRZESKA; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- REGULATION OF GENE EXPRESSION IN INTERMITTENT HYPOXIAMARIA CZYZYK KRZESKA; Fiscal Year: 2003..The findings from this study may provide new insight concerning the role of intermittent hypoxia on regulation of gene expression and possible targets for mediating the pathogenesis of OSA-induced hypertension. ..
- POSTTRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION--CATECHOLAMINE SYNTHESISMARIA CZYZYK KRZESKA; Fiscal Year: 2000..Such system is necessary to study THE mRNA stability regulation without non- specific transcription blockers and will facilitate future studies of mRNA stability in the transgenic animals. ..