Angela S Czaja
Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder among pediatric acute care nursesAngela S Czaja
Division of Critical Care, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 27:357-65. 2012..Future research should focus upon identifying pediatric nurses with PTSD to provide therapeutic interventions and reducing high-risk events and their potential impact...
- Readmission and late mortality after pediatric severe sepsisAngela S Czaja
Children s Hospital, Critical Care, Mail Stop 8414, Ed 2 South, Room 4126, 13121 E 17th Ave, PO Box 6508, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Pediatrics 123:849-57. 2009..Therefore, our goal was to evaluate the rates of and risk factors for rehospitalization and late mortality among survivors of pediatric severe sepsis...
- Late outcomes of trauma patients with infections during index hospitalizationAngela S Czaja
Critical Care Division, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Trauma 67:805-14. 2009..Injured patients have significant risk of infection during initial hospitalization. We hypothesized that infected trauma patients would have worse late outcomes...
- Performance of the Pediatric Index of Mortality 2 for pediatric cardiac surgery patientsAngela S Czaja
Division of Critical Care, Department of Pediatrics, Denver Children s Hospital, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA czaja angelatchden org
Pediatr Crit Care Med 12:184-9. 2011..To evaluate the performance of the Pediatric Index of Mortality 2 (PIM-2) for pediatric cardiac surgery patients admitted to the pediatric intensive care unit (PICU)...
- Unscheduled readmissions to the PICU: epidemiology, risk factors, and variation among centersAngela S Czaja
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Critical Care, School of Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 14:571-9. 2013..To determine the rate of, and potential risk factors for, unscheduled PICU readmission and assess for variability among PICUs within the United States...
- Unplanned pediatric intensive care unit readmissions: a single-center experienceAline M Bernard
Division of Critical Care, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA Children s Hospital Colorado, Aurora, CO, USA
J Crit Care 28:625-33. 2013..The purpose of the study was to compare patients readmitted to the pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) unexpectedly within 48 hours (early), more than 48 hours from transfer (late), or not readmitted during the same hospitalization...
- Off-label antidepressant use in children and adolescents compared with young adults: extent and level of evidenceAngela S Czaja
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 21:997-1004. 2012..To estimate the degree of, and level of evidence supporting, off-label antidepressant (AD) prescribing for children and adolescents compared with young adults...