Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Cyster J. B cell follicles and antigen encounters of the third kind. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:989-96 pubmed publisher..This Review will discuss how these factors work together in the lymph node to ensure efficient and persistent exposure of B cells to diverse forms of antigen and thus effective triggering of the humoral response. ..
- ..Type I interferon blocks the generation of neutralizing antibodies in response to chronic infection. ..
- Dang E, McDonald J, Russell D, Cyster J. Oxysterol Restraint of Cholesterol Synthesis Prevents AIM2 Inflammasome Activation. Cell. 2017;171:1057-1071.e11 pubmed publisher..Therefore, activated macrophages utilize 25-HC in an anti-inflammatory circuit that maintains mitochondrial integrity and prevents spurious AIM2 inflammasome activation. ..
- Sumida H, Lu E, Chen H, Yang Q, Mackie K, Cyster J. GPR55 regulates intraepithelial lymphocyte migration dynamics and susceptibility to intestinal damage. Sci Immunol. 2017;2: pubmed publisher..These findings identify a migration-inhibitory receptor that restrains IEL-epithelial cell cross-talk and show that antagonism of this receptor can protect from intestinal barrier dysfunction. ..
- Laidlaw B, Schmidt T, Green J, Allen C, Okada T, Cyster J. The Eph-related tyrosine kinase ligand Ephrin-B1 marks germinal center and memory precursor B cells. J Exp Med. 2017;214:639-649 pubmed publisher..These findings offer insight into the significant heterogeneity that exists within the GC B cell population and provide tools to further dissect signals regulating the differentiation of GC B cells. ..
- Lu E, Dang E, McDonald J, Cyster J. Distinct oxysterol requirements for positioning naÃ¯ve and activated dendritic cells in the spleen. Sci Immunol. 2017;2: pubmed publisher..This work indicates that 7Î±,27-HC functions as a guidance cue in vivo and reveals a multitiered role for EBI2 in DC positioning. Deficiency in this organizing system results in defective CD4+ T cell responses. ..
- Barnes M, Li C, Xu Y, An J, Huang Y, Cyster J. The lysophosphatidylserine receptor GPR174 constrains regulatory T cell development and function. J Exp Med. 2015;212:1011-20 pubmed publisher..As such, GPR174 antagonists might have therapeutic potential for promoting immune regulation in the context of autoimmune disease. ..
- Wang X, Sumida H, Cyster J. GPR18 is required for a normal CD8Î±Î± intestinal intraepithelial lymphocyte compartment. J Exp Med. 2014;211:2351-9 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a requirement for GPR18 in CD8Î±Î± and CD8Î±Î² IELs, and we suggest the receptor has a role in augmenting the accumulation of CD8 T cells in the intraepithelial versus lamina propria compartment. ..
- Reboldi A, Dang E, McDonald J, Liang G, Russell D, Cyster J. Inflammation. 25-Hydroxycholesterol suppresses interleukin-1-driven inflammation downstream of type I interferon. Science. 2014;345:679-84 pubmed publisher..These findings identify an oxysterol, 25-HC, as a critical mediator in the negative-feedback pathway of IFN signaling on IL-1 family cytokine production and inflammasome activity...