Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Prevalence of overweight in children and adolescents with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and autism spectrum disorders: a chart reviewCarol Curtin
Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Waltham, MA, USA
BMC Pediatr 5:48. 2005..The purpose of our study was to determine the prevalence of overweight among a clinical population of children diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and autism spectrum disorders (ASD)...
- The prevalence of obesity in children with autism: a secondary data analysis using nationally representative data from the National Survey of Children's HealthCarol Curtin
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Massachusetts Medical School EK Shriver Center, 200 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02452, USA
BMC Pediatr 10:11. 2010..The goal of the current study was to estimate the prevalence of obesity in children and adolescents with autism...
- Association between adult attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and obesity in the US populationSherry L Pagoto
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:539-44. 2009..Mediation analyses suggest that binge eating disorder (BED), but not depression, partially mediates the associations between ADHD and both overweight and obesity. Results suggest that adult ADHD is associated with overweight and obesity...
- Prevalence of overweight in children with developmental disorders in the continuous national health and nutrition examination survey (NHANES) 1999-2002Linda G Bandini
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA
J Pediatr 146:738-43. 2005..To estimate the prevalence of overweight in children identified with developmental disorders on the basis of nationally representative survey data...
- Food selectivity in children with autism spectrum disorders and typically developing childrenLinda G Bandini
E K Shriver Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Waltham, MA, USA
J Pediatr 157:259-64. 2010..To define food selectivity and compare indices of food selectivity among children with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) and typically developing children, and to assess the impact of food selectivity on nutrient adequacy...
- Association of major depression and binge eating disorder with weight loss in a clinical settingSherry Pagoto
Preventive and Behavioral Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:2557-9. 2007..The present study compared weight loss among patients with and without MDD and BED who participated in a hospital-based weight loss program modeled after the Diabetes Prevention Program...