Joseph M Currier
Affiliation: University of Memphis
- Sense-making, grief, and the experience of violent loss: toward a mediational modelJoseph M Currier
Department of Psychology, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38117, USA
Death Stud 30:403-28. 2006..Overall, this study provides initial support for a model of grief in which failure to find meaning in a loss is conceptualized as a crucial pathway to complicated grief symptomatology...
- Making sense of loss: a content analysis of end-of-life practitioners' therapeutic approachesJoseph M Currier
Department of Psychology, University of Memphis, Tennessee 38152 3230, USA
Omega (Westport) 57:121-41. 2008..Implications for future research on evaluating the effectiveness of meaning-making interventions are also discussed...
- The effectiveness of bereavement interventions with children: a meta-analytic review of controlled outcome researchJoseph M Currier
Department of Psychology, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38152 6400, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 36:253-9. 2007..However, studies that intervened in a time-sensitive manner and those that implemented specific selection criteria produced better outcomes than investigations that did not attend to these factors...
- The effectiveness of psychotherapeutic interventions for bereaved persons: a comprehensive quantitative reviewJoseph M Currier
Department of Psychology, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee 38152, USA
Psychol Bull 134:648-61. 2008..The findings of the review underscore the importance of attending to the targeted population in the practice and study of psychotherapeutic interventions for bereaved persons...
- Stressful life events and posttraumatic stress symptoms in children with cancerJoseph M Currier
St Jude Children s Research Hospital and Department of Psychology, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, USA
J Trauma Stress 22:28-35. 2009..Clinical work and future research on children with cancer should focus accordingly on the potential cumulative impact of stressful life events on PTSS...
- Brief report: Children's response to serious illness: perceptions of benefit and burden in a pediatric cancer populationJoseph M Currier
Department of Psychology, University of Memphis, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 34:1129-34. 2009..To examine a revised measure of benefit finding for children, in relation to perceptions of illness-related burden, and other measures of child psychological functioning...
- The efficacy of personal construct therapy: a comprehensive reviewJason M Holland
University of Memphis, Menphis, TN 38152, USA
J Clin Psychol 63:93-107. 2007..It was also found that traditional self-report and behavioral observation measures tended to yield larger effects compared to measures that focused on personal meanings and scored content supplied by the client...
- Attachment and mental health symptoms among U.S. Afghanistan and Iraq veterans seeking health care servicesJoseph M Currier
Mental Health Service, Memphis Veterans Administration Medical Center, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
J Trauma Stress 25:633-40. 2012..These findings yield further support for the protective benefit of attachment security, while also suggesting the importance of both attachment anxiety and avoidance in the context of postdeployment adjustment...
- Parental depression and family environment predict distress in children before stem cell transplantationLisa Jobe-Shields
Division of Behavioral Medicine, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 30:140-6. 2009..To examine parental symptoms of depression, family environment, and interaction of these parent and family factors in explaining severity of distress in children scheduled to undergo stem cell or bone marrow transplantation...