Janet R Cummings
Affiliation: University of California
- The effects of varying periods of uninsurance on children's access to health careJanet R Cummings
BA, Department of Health Services, School of Public Health, Campus Box 951772, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Pediatrics 123:e411-8. 2009..This study examines the relative effects of varying periods of uninsurance (uninsured for 1-4 months, 5-11 months, or all year) on children's access to care...
- Talking Wellness: a description of a community-academic partnered project to engage an African-American community around depression through the use of poetry, film, and photographyBowen Chung
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, UCLA Health Services Research Center, CA 90024 6505, USA
Ethn Dis 16:S67-78. 2006..The project is described from the perspective of community members involved in the process...
- Urban neighborhood context, educational attainment, and cognitive function among older adultsRichard G Wight
Department of Community Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Am J Epidemiol 163:1071-8. 2006....
- A multilevel analysis of urban neighborhood socioeconomic disadvantage and health in late lifeRichard G Wight
Department of Community Health Sciences, UCLA School of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Soc Sci Med 66:862-72. 2008..In late life, neighborhood socioeconomic disadvantage is more consequential to subjective appraisals of health than diagnosed CVD or functional limitations...
- Urban neighborhood context and change in depressive symptoms in late lifeRichard G Wight
Department of Community Health Sciences, School of Public Health, Box 951772, 650 Young Drive South, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 64:247-51. 2009..This study examines associations between urban neighborhood sociodemographic characteristics and change over time in late-life depressive symptoms...
- Urban neighborhood context and mortality in late lifeRichard G Wight
University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Aging Health 22:197-218. 2010..To examine the contextual effects of urban neighborhood characteristics on mortality among older adults...
- Who thinks that part d is too complicated? Survey results on the medicare prescription drug benefitJanet R Cummings
University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Med Care Res Rev 66:97-115. 2009..Republicans are significantly less likely to think that Part D is too complicated, and liberals and moderates are significantly more likely to favor allowing beneficiaries the option of purchasing a plan directly from the government...