James J Crowley
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Genome-wide association mapping of loci for antipsychotic-induced extrapyramidal symptoms in miceJames J Crowley
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina, Genomic Medicine Building, CB 7264, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7264, USA
Mamm Genome 23:322-35. 2012....
- Antipsychotic-induced vacuous chewing movements and extrapyramidal side effects are highly heritable in miceJ J Crowley
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7264, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 12:147-55. 2012..Murine VCMs are a face valid animal model of antipsychotic-induced TD, and heritability estimates from this study support the feasibility of mapping of susceptibility loci for VCMs...
- The neuregulin 1 promoter polymorphism rs6994992 is not associated with chronic schizophrenia or neurocognitionJames J Crowley
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7264, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:1298-300. 2008..We were unable to replicate previous associations of rs6994992 with schizophrenia and, moreover, did not find significant associations with age of onset, an estimate of pre-morbid IQ, or neurocognition...
- No association of the serotonin transporter polymorphisms 5-HTTLPR and RS25531 with schizophrenia or neurocognitionThomas I Konneker
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7264, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 153:1115-7. 2010..67 and negative symptoms P = 0.46). We were unable to identify association of the triallelic 5-HTTLPR with schizophrenia, neurocognition, or core psychotic symptoms even at levels of significance unadjusted for multiple comparisons...
- Novel exonic mu-opioid receptor gene (OPRM1) polymorphisms not associated with opioid dependenceRachel J Smith
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 133:105-9. 2005..The results indicate that polymorphisms in the novel splice variant are not associated with opioid dependence, but are in LD with other polymorphisms in OPRM1...
- Strain-dependent antidepressant-like effects of citalopram in the mouse tail suspension testJames J Crowley
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 183:257-64. 2005..Variations in the effects of antidepressant drugs between different mouse strains are important for drug discovery and could lead to the identification of genes that predict differences in drug efficacy...
- A functional prodynorphin promoter polymorphism and opioid dependenceRiju Ray
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Psychiatr Genet 15:295-8. 2005..We examined this polymorphism for association in our sample of 168 opioid-dependent patients and 122 ethnically and geographically matched controls...