Terry K Crowe
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Time use of mothers with school-age children: a continuing impact of a child's disabilityTerry K Crowe
University of New Mexico, School of Medicine, Occupational Therapy Graduate Program, Department of Pediatrics, Health Sciences and Services Building 215, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 5641, USA
Am J Occup Ther 60:194-203. 2006..The purpose of this study was to compare the time use of mothers of children with disabilities with the time use of mothers of children without disabilities...
- Mealtime behaviors of preschool children: comparison of children with autism spectrum disorder and children with typical developmentBeth Provost
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
Phys Occup Ther Pediatr 30:220-33. 2010..Knowledge of these early differences can help pediatric therapists to assess feeding issues and plan interventions...
- Outcomes of an occupational therapy program for mothers of children with disabilities: impact on satisfaction with time use and occupational performanceBetsy VanLeit
Department of Orthopaedics, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131 5641, USA
Am J Occup Ther 56:402-10. 2002..This experimental research study evaluated the impact of an 8-week psychosocial occupational therapy intervention program for mothers who have children with disabilities...
- Survey of occupational therapy practitioners in southwestern schools: assessments used and preparation of students for school-based practicePatricia A Burtner
Occupational Therapy Program, HSSB 215, School of Medicine, University of New Mexico, Alburquerque, NM 87131 1753, USA
Phys Occup Ther Pediatr 22:25-39. 2002..II students is expected by supervising occupational therapists, and (3) what educational preparation did the practitioners receive prior to their employment in schools and what professional support is currently available to them?..
- Occupational goals of mothers of children with disabilities: influence of temporal, social, and emotional contextsJ Mark Donovan
Veteran s Administration Health Care System, PO Box 10123, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87184, USA
Am J Occup Ther 59:249-61. 2005..The purpose of this study was to describe the occupational concerns and goals of mothers who care for children with disabilities...
- The evolving practice of developmental care in the neonatal unit: a systematic reviewValerie Legendre
Division of Occupational Therapy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Phys Occup Ther Pediatr 31:315-38. 2011..Our findings suggest evidence supporting developmental care and NIDCAP, however, further research documenting outcomes for preterm infants receiving developmental care and/or NIDCAP is needed...
- Service dogs and people with physical disabilities partnerships: a systematic reviewMelissa Winkle
Dogwood Therapy Service Inc, Albuquerque, NM 87109, USA
Occup Ther Int 19:54-66. 2012..In order for health care professionals to have confidence in recommending this type of assistive technology, the evidence to support such decisions must be strengthened...
- Dietary intake and parents' perception of mealtime behaviors in preschool-age children with autism spectrum disorder and in typically developing childrenDonna W Lockner
Nutrition Program, College of Education, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 108:1360-3. 2008..Despite the similar and generally adequate nutrient intake for the 40 children in this study, parents of children with ASD had more negative perceptions of their children's dietary behaviors...