JOHN D CRESWELL
Affiliation: University of California
- Affirmation of personal values buffers neuroendocrine and psychological stress responsesJ David Creswell
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Psychol Sci 16:846-51. 2005..These findings suggest that reflecting on personal values can keep neuroendocrine and psychological responses to stress at low levels. Implications for research on the self, stress processes, health, and interventions are discussed...
- Does self-affirmation, cognitive processing, or discovery of meaning explain cancer-related health benefits of expressive writing?J David Creswell
University of California, Department of Psychology, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 33:238-50. 2007....
- Neural correlates of dispositional mindfulness during affect labelingJ David Creswell
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Psychosom Med 69:560-5. 2007..Converging evidence from the mindfulness and neuroscience literature suggests that labeling affect may be one mechanism for these effects...
- To assess, to control, to exclude: effects of biobehavioral factors on circulating inflammatory markersMary Frances O'Connor
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California at Los Angeles, Cousins Center for Psychoneuroimmunology, Cousins Center for Psychoneuroimmunology, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Brain Behav Immun 23:887-97. 2009..These recommendations provide a framework for observational and intervention studies investigating linkages between psychosocial and behavioral factors and inflammation...
- Dispositional mindfulness and depressive symptomatology: correlations with limbic and self-referential neural activity during restBaldwin M Way
Department of Psychology, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Emotion 10:12-24. 2010....
- Psychological vulnerability and stress: the effects of self-affirmation on sympathetic nervous system responses to naturalistic stressorsDavid K Sherman
Department of Psychology, UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA 93106 9660, USA
Health Psychol 28:554-62. 2009..The present study examined whether self-affirmation would buffer cumulative stress responses to an ongoing academic stressor...
- Mindfulness meditation training effects on CD4+ T lymphocytes in HIV-1 infected adults: a small randomized controlled trialJ David Creswell
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Cousins Center for Psychoneuroimmunology, University of California, Los Angeles, 300 Medical Plaza, Suite 3109, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Brain Behav Immun 23:184-8. 2009..These findings provide an initial indication that mindfulness meditation training can buffer CD4+ T lymphocyte declines in HIV-1 infected adults...