Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Student perspectives on the diversity climate at a U.S. medical school: the need for a broader definition of diversityJasmeet S Dhaliwal
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
BMC Res Notes 6:154. 2013..The authors conducted this study to assess, from a student body's perspective, the climate at one medical school with respect to diversity, inclusiveness and cross-cultural understanding...
- Mailed intervention to promote sun protection of children: a randomized controlled trialLori A Crane
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO, USA
Am J Prev Med 43:399-410. 2012..Sun exposure, especially during childhood, is the most important preventable risk factor for skin cancer, yet few effective interventions to reduce exposure exist...
- Melanocytic nevus development in Colorado children born in 1998: a longitudinal studyLori A Crane
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, 13001 E 17th Pl, Campus Box B119, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Arch Dermatol 145:148-56. 2009..To describe the development of nevi from 3 to 8 years of age in a birth cohort of children in Colorado...
- Can telephone counseling post-treatment improve psychosocial outcomes among early stage breast cancer survivors?Alfred C Marcus
AMC Cancer Research Center of the University of Colorado Cancer Center, University of Colorado, Denver, CO 80214, USA
Psychooncology 19:923-32. 2010..To determine whether a telephone counseling program can improve psychosocial outcomes among breast cancer patients post-treatment...
- Late-season influenza vaccination: a national survey of physician practice and barriersChristina Suh
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Am J Prev Med 39:69-73. 2010..Although late-season influenza vaccination has been recently promoted, existing data suggest it occurs infrequently...
- Adolescent childbearing ambivalence: is it the sum of its parts?Jeanelle Sheeder
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 23:86-92. 2010..The goal was to predict the intent to use a noncoital method of contraception during adolescence...
- Vacations to waterside locations result in nevus development in Colorado childrenKelly J Pettijohn
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:454-63. 2009..It appears that a threshold dose of UV exposure is received quickly on each waterside vacation. Parents of young children should exercise caution in selection of vacation locations to reduce melanoma risk...
- Effect of hair color and sun sensitivity on nevus counts in white children in ColoradoJenny Aalborg
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 63:430-9. 2010..No studies have systematically investigated how phenotypic traits may interact in relation to nevus development...
- Melanocytic nevi and sun exposure in a cohort of colorado children: anatomic distribution and site-specific sunburnAthena T Dodd
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Campus Box B119, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:2136-43. 2007..03 for three or more sunburns), but not on the face, arms, or legs. In this high-risk population, there is evidence for two pathways to nevus accumulation: by chronic sun exposure and by intermittent exposure related to sunburns...
- The anatomic distribution of melanoma and relationships with childhood nevus distribution in ColoradoAshley L Juhl
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado 80045, USA
Melanoma Res 19:252-9. 2009..The similarities between the nevus and melanoma distributions are interesting findings, but it is difficult to interpret the significance of these findings based on the current state of knowledge of melanoma etiology...
- Are 2 weeks of daily breastfeeding support insufficient to overcome the influences of formula?Maya Bunik
Departments of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, USA
Acad Pediatr 10:21-8. 2010....
- Tanning and increased nevus development in very-light-skinned children without red hairJenny Aalborg
University of Colorado Denver, 13001 E 17th Pl, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Arch Dermatol 145:989-96. 2009..To examine the relationship between tanning and nevus development in very-light-skinned children...
- Impact of the 2004-2005 influenza vaccine shortage on pediatric practice: a national surveyLon McQuillan
Departments of aPediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Pediatrics 123:e186-92. 2009..A severe influenza vaccine shortage occurred during the 2004-2005 influenza season because of the loss of all vaccine made by Chiron (Emeryville, CA) for US distribution...
- Adoption of rotavirus vaccination by pediatricians and family medicine physicians in the United StatesAllison Kempe
Department of aPediatrics, School of Medicine, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Pediatrics 124:e809-16. 2009....
- Knowledge of interim recommendations and use of Hib vaccine during vaccine shortagesAllison Kempe
University of Colorado, Department of Pediatrics, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
Pediatrics 125:914-20. 2010....
- Pneumococcal vaccination in general internal medicine practice: current practice and future possibilitiesAllison Kempe
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:2010-3. 2008..Pneumococcal vaccine (PPV) is recommended for adults >or=65 years and those with chronic illness, but there are potential advantages of universal vaccination of adults age 50-64 years...
- A qualitative study of physicians' experiences ordering and receiving influenza vaccine during the 2005-2006 influenza seasonJennifer L Pyrzanowski
Colorado Health Outcomes Program, University of Colorado Denver, Colorado 80045, USA
Prev Med 47:225-8. 2008..The purpose of this qualitative analysis is to identify problems general internists and pediatricians encountered when ordering and receiving influenza vaccine during the 2005-2006 influenza season...
- An association between negatively biased response to neutral stimuli and antidepressant nonadherenceRobert D Keeley
The Colorado Research Network and Department of Family Medicine at University of Colorado Denver Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Psychosom Res 62:535-44. 2007..Our primary objective was to test whether negatively biased response to neutral physical or visual stimuli was associated with antidepressant nonadherence...
- SKIN CANCER PREVENTION IN A PEDIATRIC POPULATIONLori Crane; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- SKIN CANCER PREVENTION IN A PEDIATRIC POPULATIONLori Crane; Fiscal Year: 2006..If this intervention proves to be effective in increasing sun protection of children, cost and efficiency will be key factors in dissemination and adoption of the intervention. ..
- Risk Factors for Nevus Development in ChildrenLori A Crane; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding of these factors will lead to a better understanding of melanoma, and may suggest approaches for melanoma prevention or treatment. ..