Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- The role of family history in addiction severity and treatment responseDonna M Coviello
Treatment Research Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 26:303-13. 2004..However, when accounting for baseline differences, the regression analyses demonstrated that familial risk was not predictive of drug treatment outcomes after 6 months of methadone maintenance treatment...
- The effectiveness of outreach case management in re-enrolling discharged methadone patientsDonna M Coviello
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3900 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 85:56-65. 2006..The aim of this project was to evaluate the effectiveness of outreach case management for post-discharged methadone patients...
- Characteristics and 9-month outcomes of discharged methadone maintenance clientsDonna M Coviello
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 40:165-74. 2011..Despite having more severe problems, the Tx group had fewer opioid-positive urines and reported less IV drug use at 9 months postdischarge compared to the NoTx group. The findings highlight the importance of rapid treatment reengagement...
- Moderators of response to telephone continuing care for alcoholismKevin G Lynch
Universityof Pennsylvania, 3440 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Health Behav 34:788-800. 2010..Continuing care was predicted to be more effective for patients with severe substance-use histories, poor initial response to treatment, and other risk factors for relapse...
- Who benefits from extended continuing care for cocaine dependence?James R McKay
University of Pennsylvania, 3440 Market Street, Suite 370, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA Philadelphia VAMC, University and Baltimore Avenues, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA Electronic address
Addict Behav 39:660-8. 2014..These results generally do not suggest that patients with greater problem severity or poorer performance early in treatment on the measures considered in this report will benefit to a greater degree from extended continuing care...
- Measurement of mental health in substance use disorder outpatientsArthur I Alterman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 39:408-14. 2010..Correlations between MH attributes and recent life problems of patients with SUD generally supported the concurrent validity of the MH measures...
- A randomized trial of oral naltrexone for treating opioid-dependent offendersDonna M Coviello
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA coviello
Am J Addict 19:422-32. 2010..The study provides limited support for the use of oral naltrexone for offenders who are not closely monitored by the criminal justice system...
- A randomized trial of extended telephone-based continuing care for alcohol dependence: within-treatment substance use outcomesJames R McKay
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 78:912-23. 2010....
- Randomized trial of continuing care enhancements for cocaine-dependent patients following initial engagementJames R McKay
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, and Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 78:111-20. 2010....
- An integrated drug counseling and employment intervention for methadone clientsDonna M Coviello
University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, 3440 Market Street, Suite 370, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 41:189-97. 2009..The intervention may be beneficial when implemented with a larger group of motivated ex-offenders who are mandated to drug treatment as a condition of their parole...
- Effectiveness of vocational problem-solving skills on motivation and job-seeking action stepsDonna M Coviello
Center for Studies of Addiction, University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, USA
Subst Use Misuse 39:2309-24. 2004..Also, practical and methodological implications are discussed...
- Comprenhensive Employment Program For Methadone PatientsDonna Coviello; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, we will evaluate whether this comprehensive intervention is effective in assisting methadone patients in obtaining work, reducing drug use, improving social functioning and sustaining patients in long-term employment. ..
- Employment intervention for offendersDonna M Coviello; Fiscal Year: 2010..Providing offenders with integrated drug and employment counseling may help reduce recidivism and improve employment prospects for this group, thus reducing the large societal cost of drug abuse. ..