Sarah C Couch
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- The efficacy of a clinic-based behavioral nutrition intervention emphasizing a DASH-type diet for adolescents with elevated blood pressureSarah C Couch
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0394, USA
J Pediatr 152:494-501. 2008....
- Improving the diets of the young: considerations for intervention designSarah C Couch
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, 3202 Goodman Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45267-0394, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 106:S10-1. 2006
- Dietary variety increases as a function of time and influences diet quality in childrenGrace A Falciglia
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0394, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 36:77-83. 2004..To investigate the changes in dietary variety over time in children and to determine the relationship between dietary variety and diet quality...
- Shared genetic contributions of fruit and vegetable consumption with BMI in families 20 y after sharing a householdLisa J Martin
Division of Human Genetics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 94:1138-43. 2011..Interestingly, diet also has a genetic basis. Thus, we hypothesized that the genetic underpinnings of diet may partially overlap with the genetics of obesity...
- Assessing dietary variety in children: development and validation of a predictive equationGrace A Falciglia
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Cincinnati, College of Allied Health Sciences, 3202 Eden Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0394, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 109:641-7. 2009..This is the first study conducted to develop a dietary variety measurement tool that is sensitive to the effect of time on dietary variety without the burden of gathering data for 2 weeks...
- Hearing screening outcomes in infants of pregestational diabetic mothersSusan G Stanton
Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0379, USA
Am J Audiol 14:86-93. 2005..Hearing screening results for newborns of diabetic mothers were compared with those of nondiabetic controls...
- Diet and blood pressure in childrenSarah C Couch
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 17:642-7. 2005..Additionally, because adherence to dietary interventions may be particularly problematic among children, innovative nutrition intervention approaches are needed that address the unique needs and circumstances of this age group...
- A success of a genetics educational intervention for nursing and dietetic students: A model for incorporating genetics into nursing and allied health curriculaDeborah L Cragun
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, MLC 4006, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Allied Health 34:90-6. 2005..Recommendations and resources for incorporating genetics into allied health curricula are included...
- A curriculum based on social learning theory emphasizing fruit exposure and positive parent child-feeding strategies: a pilot studyLaura Siem Gribble
Department of Nutritional Sciences, College of Allied Health Sciences, University of Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 103:100-3. 2003..Fruit preference scores were similar between groups. Additionally, there was a significant decrease in use of controlling child-feeding strategies by parents in the intervention vs the control group...
- Diet and blood pressure elevation in children and adolescentsSarah C Couch
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:418-9. 2004