- Unsuitability of organ donation from a patient with a history of melanoma?Murray A Cotter
Department of Dermatology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132 2409, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:1096-8. 2006..The literature relevant to this case is reviewed and discussed...
- Treatment of lentigo maligna with imiquimod before staged excisionMurray A Cotter
Department of Dermatology, Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132 2409, USA
Dermatol Surg 34:147-51. 2008..Imiquimod 5% cream has demonstrated effectiveness in the treatment of lentigo maligna (LM) in several small studies. None of the studies to date have included posttreatment surgical removal to confirm negative histologic margins...
- Use of oral N-acetylcysteine for protection of melanocytic nevi against UV-induced oxidative stress: towards a novel paradigm for melanoma chemopreventionAgnessa Gadeliya Goodson
Department of Dermatology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:7434-40. 2009..We sought to determine whether the antioxidant N-acetylcysteine (NAC) could be safely administered to protect melanocytic nevi from the oxidative stress resulting from acute UV exposure...
- N-acetylcysteine protects melanocytes against oxidative stress/damage and delays onset of ultraviolet-induced melanoma in miceMurray A Cotter
Department of Dermatology, Huntsman Cancer Institute, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:5952-8. 2007..We evaluated whether the thiol antioxidant N-acetylcysteine (NAC) could protect melanocytes from UV-induced oxidative stress/damage in vitro and from UV-induced melanoma in vivo...
- Absence of senescence-associated beta-galactosidase activity in human melanocytic nevi in vivoMurray A Cotter
J Invest Dermatol 127:2469-71. 2007