Affiliation: University of Washington
- Phosphorylation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase in response to fluid shear stressM A Corson
Cardiology Division, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98195, USA
Circ Res 79:984-91. 1996....
- Emerging inflammatory markers for assessing coronary heart disease riskMarshall A Corson
University of Washington School of Medicine, Cardiology Section Chief, Harborview Medical Center, Room 2CT 64, Box 359748, 325 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 11:452-9. 2009....
- Review of the evidence for the clinical utility of lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 as a cardiovascular risk markerMarshall A Corson
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, 325 9th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:41F-50F. 2008..Ultimately, Lp-PLA(2) may also be classified as a risk factor, but this should not detract from its utility today as a risk marker...
- Darapladib: an emerging therapy for atherosclerosisMarshall A Corson
Divisions of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Research, University of Washington School of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, Room 2EH 64, 325 9th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis 4:241-8. 2010..When completed, these trials should provide important insights into the utility of darapladib to reduce myocardial infarction, stroke and cardiovascular death...
- Adhesion to fibronectin enhances MKP-1 activation in human endothelial cellsF Kim
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, 325 9th Avenue, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 273:539-45. 2000..Regulation of MKP-1 by MAPK likely represents an important negative-feedback mechanism...
- TNF-alpha inhibits flow and insulin signaling leading to NO production in aortic endothelial cellsF Kim
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 280:C1057-65. 2001..This study suggests one potential mechanism for the development of endothelial dysfunction in disease states with alterations in insulin regulation and increased TNF-alpha levels...
- Identification of flow-dependent endothelial nitric-oxide synthase phosphorylation sites by mass spectrometry and regulation of phosphorylation and nitric oxide production by the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitor LY294002B Gallis
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 274:30101-8. 1999..Finally, PKB phosphorylated eNOS in vitro at the same site phosphorylated in the cell and increased eNOS enzymatic activity by 15-20-fold...
- Angiotensin II signal transduction in vascular smooth muscle: role of tyrosine kinasesB C Berk
University of Washington, Department of Medicine, Seattle 98195, USA
Circ Res 80:607-16. 1997..Thus, understanding angiotensin II-stimulated signaling events, especially those related to tyrosine kinase activity, may form the basis for the development of new therapies for cardiovascular diseases...
- Increased expression of Axl tyrosine kinase after vascular injury and regulation by G protein-coupled receptor agonists in ratsM G Melaragno
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7710, USA
Circ Res 83:697-704. 1998..Our results implicate Axl as a potential mediator of vascular smooth muscle migration and proliferation caused by vascular injury and G protein-coupled receptor agonists...
- Free fatty acid impairment of nitric oxide production in endothelial cells is mediated by IKKbetaFrancis Kim
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Wash 98104, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:989-94. 2005..Insulin receptor substrate-1 (IRS-1) regulation is critical for activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) in response to stimulation by insulin or fluid shear stress...
- Activation of IKKbeta by glucose is necessary and sufficient to impair insulin signaling and nitric oxide production in endothelial cellsFrancis Kim
Department of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, University of Washington, Box 359748, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 39:327-34. 2005..These data demonstrate that activation of IKKbeta plays a critical and novel role to mediate the deleterious effects of high glucose on endothelial cell function...
- Consensus panel recommendation for incorporating lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 testing into cardiovascular disease risk assessment guidelinesMichael H Davidson
Preventive Cardiology Center, Pritzker School of Medicine, University of Chicago, 515 North State Street, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:51F-57F. 2008..However, at this time Lp-PLA(2) cannot be recommended as a target of therapy...
- Immunocytochemical detection of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase activation by insulin and leptinKevin D Niswender
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Nutrition, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 51:275-83. 2003..We conclude that immunocytochemical PIP3 staining can detect changes in PI3K activation induced by insulin and leptin in cell culture and intact liver...