Phaedra S Corso
Affiliation: University of Georgia
- Health-related quality of life among adults who experienced maltreatment during childhoodPhaedra S Corso
Department of Health Policy and Management, College of Public Health, University of Georgia, N125 Paul Coverdell Center, Athens, GA 30602 7397, USA
Am J Public Health 98:1094-100. 2008..We sought to assess the difference in a preference-based measure of health among adults reporting maltreatment as a child versus those reporting no maltreatment...
- A comparison of willingness to pay to prevent child maltreatment deaths in Ecuador and the United StatesPhaedra S Corso
College of Public Health, University of Georgia, 110 E Clayton Street, Suite 300, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 10:1342-55. 2013....
- Measuring health-related quality of life for child maltreatment: a systematic literature reviewLisa A Prosser
Center for Child Health Care Studies, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Boston, MA, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 5:42. 2007..The objective of this study was to review the literature for existing approaches and instruments for measuring quality-of-life for child maltreatment outcomes...
- Benefits of preventing a death associated with child maltreatment: evidence from willingness-to-pay survey dataPhaedra S Corso
Department of Health Policy and Management, College of Public Health, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 5001, USA
Am J Public Health 101:487-90. 2011..If a child maltreatment intervention is effective enough to save even 1 life, then in many cases, its benefits will outweigh its costs...
- Medical costs and productivity losses due to interpersonal and self-directed violence in the United StatesPhaedra S Corso
College of Public Health, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Am J Prev Med 32:474-482. 2007..From 2003 to 2005, the lifetime medical costs and productivity losses associated with medically treated injuries due to interpersonal and self-directed violence occurring in the United States in 2000 were assessed...
- Child maltreatment, youth violence, and intimate partner violence: developmental relationshipsXiangming Fang
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:281-90. 2007....
- The relationship between obesity and injuries among U.S. adultsEric A Finkelstein
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, PO Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Health Promot 21:460-8. 2007....
- The need for economic analysis in research on child maltreatmentPhaedra S Corso
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, MS K-60, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Child Abuse Negl 30:727-38. 2006
- A comparison of the case-control and case-crossover designs for estimating medical costs of nonfatal fall-related injuries among older AmericansEric A Finkelstein
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Med Care 43:1087-91. 2005..In this study, costs for a series of hospitalized and nonhospitalized fall-related injuries were computed using the 2 approaches to allow for a direct comparison of the results...
- The acute medical care costs of fall-related injuries among the U.S. older adultsBahman S Roudsari
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104 2499, USA
Injury 36:1316-22. 2005....
- Hormone therapy: making decisions in the face of uncertaintyHerbert B Peterson
Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:2308-12. 2004
- Therapeutic foster care for the prevention of violence: a report on recommendations of the Task Force on Community Preventive ServicesRobert A Hahn
Division of Prevention Research and Analytic Methods, Epidemiology Program Office, CDC, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 53:1-8. 2004..This report briefly describes how the reviews were conducted, provides additional information about the findings, and provides information that might help communities in applying the intervention locally...
- First reports evaluating the effectiveness of strategies for preventing violence: early childhood home visitation. Findings from the Task Force on Community Preventive ServicesRobert A Hahn
Division of Prevention Research and Analytic Methods Epidemiology Program Office, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, CDC Atlanta, Georgia, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 52:1-9. 2003..This report provides additional information regarding the findings, briefly describes how the reviews were conducted, and provides information that can help in applying the recommended intervention locally...
- Assessing preferences for prevention versus treatment using willingness to payPhaedra S Corso
Harvard University School of Public Health, USA
Med Decis Making 22:S92-101. 2002..Information from opinion polls suggests citizens favor spending a higher proportion of all health care dollars on prevention rather than treatment...
- Economic Evaluation of Drug Abuse Prevention with Rural African AmericanYouthPhaedra Corso; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Economic Evaluation of Drug Abuse Prevention with Rural African AmericanYouthPhaedra S Corso; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study would support future efforts to disseminate effective drug abuse programs to the several million African American youth living in resource poor, rural environments. ..