Affiliation: University of California
- Acute upregulation of blood-brain barrier glucose transporter activity in seizuresE M Cornford
Department of Neurology, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 279:H1346-54. 2000..80 +/- 0.25 micromol. min(-1). g(-1)). We conclude acute upregulation of BBB glucose transport occurs within 3 min of an initial seizure. Transporter V(max) and BBB glucose permeability increase by 30-40%...
- Human cerebral cysticercosis: immunolocalization of a sodium-dependent glucose cotransporter (SGLT) in larval and adult tapewormsE M Cornford
Department of Neurology, Brain Research Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Parasitol 87:510-21. 2001..Furthermore, high expression of this cotransporter was seen in the branches of the uterus, suggesting that SGLT-mediated absorption of glucose and water has an important functional role within the reproductive system of adult tapeworms...
- New systems for delivery of drugs to the brain in neurological diseaseEain M Cornford
Department of Neurology and the Brain Research Institute, UCLA, and The Department of Veterans Affairs, Los Angeles, 90095 1769, USA
Lancet Neurol 1:306-15. 2002..These conjugates have been shown to remain functionally active and effective in animal models of neurological disease...
- Localization of brain endothelial luminal and abluminal transporters with immunogold electron microscopyEain M Cornford
Veterans Administration Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
NeuroRx 2:27-43. 2005....
- Tegumental glucose permeability in male and female Schistosoma mansoniE M Cornford
Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, V A Wadsworth Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90073
J Parasitol 74:116-28. 1988..Gender- and mating-specific analyses of PS products indicate that tegumental permeability to glucose is significantly increased in mated schistosomes, and compares very favorably to that of the host liver...
- Immunogold detection of microvascular proteins in the compromised blood-brain barrierEain M Cornford
Department of Neurology, Brain Research Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Methods Mol Med 89:161-75. 2003