Joseph M Corey
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Substrate patterning: an emerging technology for the study of neuronal behaviorJoseph M Corey
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Exp Neurol 184:S89-96. 2003..Finally, the behavior of neurons on patterned substrates may prove helpful in the design of scaffoldings and nerve guides tailored for regeneration and repair of the nervous system...
- Aligned electrospun nanofibers specify the direction of dorsal root ganglia neurite growthJoseph M Corey
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 83:636-45. 2007..The robust neurite guidance demonstrated here is a significant step toward the use of aligned, electrospun nanofibers for nerve regeneration. (c) 2007 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Biomed Mater Res, 2007...
- The design of electrospun PLLA nanofiber scaffolds compatible with serum-free growth of primary motor and sensory neuronsJoseph M Corey
Department of Neurology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Acta Biomater 4:863-75. 2008..This substrate should facilitate investigating the behavior of many neuronal types on electrospun fibers in serum-free conditions...
- Accelerated neuritogenesis and maturation of primary spinal motor neurons in response to nanofibersCaitlyn C Gertz
Department of Neurology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Dev Neurobiol 70:589-603. 2010..Aligned nanofibers were shown to affect the directionality and timing of motor neuron development, providing further evidence for the effective use of electrospun scaffolds in neural regeneration applications...
- Patterning N-type and S-type neuroblastoma cells with Pluronic F108 and ECM proteinsJoseph M Corey
Department of Neurology, The University of Michigan, 5013 BSRB, 109 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2200, USA
J Biomed Mater Res A 93:673-86. 2010..This patterned substrate design should facilitate investigations of the role of cell shape in NBL cell behavior...
- Combining topographical and genetic cues to promote neuronal fate specification in stem cellsErin K Purcell
University of Michigan, 1150 W Medical Center Drive, 5323A Med Sci I, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Biomacromolecules 13:3427-38. 2012....
- A culture system to study oligodendrocyte myelination processes using engineered nanofibersSeonok Lee
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Methods 9:917-22. 2012..The use of nanofiber scaffolds will enable screening for potential therapeutic agents that promote oligodendrocyte differentiation and myelination and will also provide valuable insight into the processes involved in remyelination...
- Stages of neuronal morphological development in vitro--an automated assayMichelle K Leach
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, United States
J Neurosci Methods 199:192-8. 2011..When properly configured, automated image analysis with MetaMorph(®) is a rapid and reliable alternative to manual measurement and has the potential to accelerate the research process...
- Conducting-polymer nanotubes improve electrical properties, mechanical adhesion, neural attachment, and neurite outgrowth of neural electrodesMohammad Reza Abidian
Department of Biomedical Engineering, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Small 6:421-9. 2010..These findings suggest that conducting-polymer nanotubes may improve the long-term function of neural microelectrodes...
- Synthesis, copolymerization and peptide-modification of carboxylic acid-functionalized 3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene (EDOTacid) for neural electrode interfacesLaura K Povlich
Macromolecular Science and Engineering Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1830:4288-93. 2013..Recent focus has been on the development of conjugated polymers that contain biological components in order to improve the tissue response upon implantation of these electrodes...
- Fibrous Templates for Directed Nerve RegenerationJOSEPH COREY; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is hoped that this project will further knowledge of both the production of advanced fibrous scaffoldings and their potential to be harnessed as a tool for nerve regeneration. ..